Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDS Game 1 @ Houston

Hybrid View

ALDS Game 1 @ Houston

Playoff blowjo!!! Let's do this thing!

LHP Chris Sale (17-8, 2.90 in Regular Season) vs RHP Justin Verlander (15-8, 3.36)

A.J. Hinch was smart not to waste Keuchel in Game 1 against Sale. He knows we're gonna win! Back here at UConn, every time the Red Sox score a run, a random lucky fella gets blown by those famous UConn girls.

11 wins left to get. We're not losing until at least my birthday (night of ALCS Game 3).

Win. ADVANCE. Repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

All-Star
    How long is this stupid and offensive listing going to stay here? Get rid of the Poster, too, while you're at it!

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    How long is this stupid and offensive listing going to stay here? Get rid of the Poster, too, while you're at it!
    If they lose tomorrow, he won't be allowed to make game threads next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

High stakes. Sox better not blow it

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    So not a total loss.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    It's going to stay here forever, because this is the official Gamethread
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    It's going to stay here forever, because this is the official Gamethread
    Besides, blpw jobs should be discussed only on the Society pages.
    Last edited by bosoxmal; 10-06-2017 at 08:34 AM.

All-Star
    I emphatically agree. There is some disconnect between what's expected of players and what's expected of fans. Cam Newton is correctly being hit for his sexism for embarrassing a female reporter, but fans on boards spew this crap all the time and get away with it. I'm fairly new here, but it did seem much like the exception to the rule until lately.

It's also terrible that women make up a large percentage of actual, in-the-seats sports fans, and yet all sport Boards are heavily male dominant. My intelligent guess is that the major Patriot board is less than 1% female.

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    I emphatically agree. There is some disconnect between what's expected of players and what's expected of fans. Cam Newton is correctly being hit for his sexism for embarrassing a female reporter, but fans on boards spew this crap all the time and get away with it. I'm fairly new here, but it did seem much like the exception to the rule until lately.

It's also terrible that women make up a large percentage of actual, in-the-seats sports fans, and yet all sport Boards are heavily male dominant. My intelligent guess is that the major Patriot board is less than 1% female.
    Lighten up, Francis! We're all friendly here and most of us are just bustin' his chops a bit about being a college kid and enjoying all the (consensual) benefits of it. In fact, IIRC, this started when Thunder talked about a couple of coeds coming onto HIM!

I see Thunder as the victim here. We're just here to support him.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post

1. I don't recall the blow job meme becoming overtly sexist. Is it sexual in nature? Sure. Is it demeaning to women? Hardly. Sexuality is a beautiful thing that many coeds begin to explore. If Thunder gets to receive or give oral over the next 4 years, good for him. Not sure why talk about sex is so offensive in certain parts. It's something that nearly 100% of adults do from time to time. Why is talking about it so offensive? I'm not sure anything said in the posts has objectified anyone.

2. The only vaguely sexist posting lately has been the talk about ESPN's Mendoza. I think it's obvious that some people are much harder on her than her cohosts.

Legend
    I sent an email to the UConn Office of Student Affairs suggesting that Thunder could benefit from education on gender issues (if the university can identify him).

My two daughters in college encounter healthy and unhealthy gender attitudes on their campuses.

Let me take cover before your fire off your responses.
    Last edited by harmony; 10-05-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    I sent an email to the UConn Office of Student Affairs suggesting that Thunder could benefit from education on gender issues (if the university can identify him).

My two daughters in college encounter health and unhealthy gender attitudes on their campuses.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

For starters, the post and comments in question should not be taken seriously. As anybody who has been active on this site for the last week would know, the motif behind the material you find insensitive began in a game thread for the game on September 18, as a subtle reference that was manipulated by multiple other posters on this website. Once the Red Sox won that game, it became necessary for me to include that in every subsequent game thread that I started, since that is how the laws of "mojo" work. That win streak turned into a 7 game win streak, with the references become more and more obvious every day. Since that win streak is what earned me the right to create the game thread for Game 1 of the ALDS, a very prestigious honor, I thought it necessary to reintroduce the motif that you and a few others appear to find sexist.

Anybody who knows me at all knows that these comments in all of these game threads cannot be farther from my own personal views and women, and gender roles in particular. I'm the shy guy afraid to talk to people. I'm the guy who walks around UConn every day vowing to myself to step in if I see a sexual assault imminent. I respect women fully and completely. I know it can be hard to see on the Internet, and I know it will be hard to believe based on what you read in the opening post of this thread. Most importantly, I respect your opinion as a cautious father of what I am sure are two very wonderful daughters. The behavior that many men impose on women in college is unacceptable in every sense of the word. Please understand that this is not who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond to this.

For starters, the post and comments in question should not be taken seriously. As anybody who has been active on this site for the last week would know, the motif behind the material you find insensitive began in a game thread for the game on September 18, as a subtle reference that was manipulated by multiple other posters on this website. Once the Red Sox won that game, it became necessary for me to include that in every subsequent game thread that I started, since that is how the laws of "mojo" work. That win streak turned into a 7 game win streak, with the references become more and more obvious every day. Since that win streak is what earned me the right to create the game thread for Game 1 of the ALDS, a very prestigious honor, I thought it necessary to reintroduce the motif that you and a few others appear to find sexist.

Anybody who knows me at all knows that these comments in all of these game threads cannot be farther from my own personal views and women, and gender roles in particular. I'm the shy guy afraid to talk to people. I'm the guy who walks around UConn every day vowing to myself to step in if I see a sexual assault imminent. I respect women fully and completely. I know it can be hard to see on the Internet, and I know it will be hard to believe based on what you read in the opening post of this thread. Most importantly, I respect your opinion as a cautious father of what I am sure are two very wonderful daughters. The behavior that many men impose on women in college is unacceptable in every sense of the word. Please understand that this is not who I am.
    So what was your real take on the "drunk college girls grinding on you during the first football game"?

So what was your real take on the "drunk college girls grinding on you during the first football game"?
    Get the fuck off me, I'm trying to watch the game

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

My two daughters in college encounter health and unhealthy gender attitudes on their campuses.

No need to take cover, but if you are serious about having contacted UConn, that is seriously inappropriate. You have jumped into a situation whose background you don't understand (and which Thunder explains very clearly and compassionately) and you have made an accusation that, in today's climate, could have a serious impact on Thunder's college career and, by extension, the rest of his life. If you have in fact contacted UConn, I would beseech you to write back and say, "Oh, my bad, I misinterpreted the situation and it's not what I thought it was. Please disregard my previous email."

I get where you are coming from as the father of college girls. (I have two not-yet-college-age boys, myself.) I am not trying to flame you; I am asking you to weigh the possibility that your email to UConn is likely to do more harm (to Thunder) than good (to anyone), given the context of the remarks.
    Last edited by Beaneater; 10-05-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: fat fingers