Yep, no harm done. Lesson learned. Wish you the best
    I wish you the best as well.

Put your obvious talents to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yep, no harm done. Lesson learned. Wish you the best
    Will you be playing baseball at UConn?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    wow
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 10-06-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    I sent an email to the UConn Office of Student Affairs suggesting that Thunder could benefit from education on gender issues (if the university can identify him).

My two daughters in college encounter healthy and unhealthy gender attitudes on their campuses.

Let me take cover before your fire off your responses.
    I would like to say thank you to the few posters here who are willing to call out others on this, rather than being so worried about being one of the 'good ol' boys'.

My question to any male on this board who doesn't think that all the recent oral sex conversation is sexist and degrading to women:

If it were your 18 year old daughter who just started college posting instead of Thunder (and some of you were encouraging Thunder when he was 16 or 17, maybe younger), would you condone and approve of all of these much older males encouraging your daughter to give and/or receive oral sex to/from as many college males as possible? Would you encourage your daughter to give oral sex to a random coed every time someone scores a run in the game, and to ask the guy to at least give you a tissue afterwards?

If you can honestly answer yes to the question, then I will give you a pass on being sexist. Of course, I would think you have much bigger issues at stake in that case.

Before you jump all over me with your 'lighten up' and 'stop playing the victim' posts, save your breath. I am far from being a feminist. I am hardly a victim. But don't kid yourselves into thinking that you're not being sexist and that you're just having fun. It's attitudes like these that can and does get young college women raped.

End of rant and I will speak no more on the topic.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I would like to say thank you to the few posters here who are willing to call out others on this, rather than being so worried about being one of the 'good ol' boys'.

My question to any male on this board who doesn't think that all the recent oral sex conversation is sexist and degrading to women:

If it were your 18 year old daughter who just started college posting instead of Thunder (and some of you were encouraging Thunder when he was 16 or 17, maybe younger), would you condone and approve of all of these much older males encouraging your daughter to give and/or receive oral sex to/from as many college males as possible? Would you encourage your daughter to give oral sex to a random coed every time someone scores a run in the game, and to ask the guy to at least give you a tissue afterwards?

If you can honestly answer yes to the question, then I will give you a pass on being sexist. Of course, I would think you have much bigger issues at stake in that case.

Before you jump all over me with your 'lighten up' and 'stop playing the victim' posts, save your breath. I am far from being a feminist. I am hardly a victim. But don't kid yourselves into thinking that you're not being sexist and that you're just having fun. It's attitudes like these that can and does get young college women raped.

End of rant and I will speak no more on the topic.
    I agree. On male-dominated sites like this it's very easy for posters to want to compete for "man points" when discussing the fairer sex. I'm in no way defending the ongoing meme, but on other sports boards your posts would be responded to with pictures of kitchens. Your intelligent baseball comments would be met by requests for nude pics. This might not be a perfect place, but I think it's more evolved than some of the cesspools I've been on.
    Last edited by Northern Star; 10-06-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.