Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDS Game 1 @ Houston

Why is this game at 4pm? So so so so soooooo dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    You know the answer to that as well as I do. Of all the things that occasionally piss me off about MLB this is one of my pets.

It's all about the networks and the ratings. The networks believe that the Yankees/Indians game will be a better draw than Sox/Astros so the Yankeees/Indians get prime time.

MLB has completely sold out to the networks regarding scheduling. It's why I refuse to plan to go to a scheduled Sunday afternoon game in Boston - MLB and the networks may agree to move the game to 8:00 at the last minute, and I live too far from Boston to be able to deal with that shit.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    You know the answer to that as well as I do. Of all the things that occasionally piss me off about MLB this is one of my pets.

It's all about the networks and the ratings. The networks believe that the Yankees/Indians game will be a better draw than Sox/Astros so the Yankeees/Indians get prime time.

MLB has completely sold out to the networks regarding scheduling. It's why I refuse to plan to go to a scheduled Sunday afternoon game in Boston - MLB and the networks may agree to move the game to 8:00 at the last minute, and I live too far from Boston to be able to deal with that shit.
    The thing is, if they think they'll get me to watch an afternoon Sox game AND a night game, they are dead wrong. The chance is that I'll probably not watch either.

UConn TV does not have MLB Network, so I'm stuck streaming this one.
    I can't disagree with you

And, the easiest way for me to stream is through my phone, so the Wi-Fi better not let me down
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Go sox!! Let's see what they have to offer this postseason.

And it is not on network TV either.

I have MLB Network but I am not sure if I will get the game.

I'll be fucking pissed if I can't see this and other Sox playoff games.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Here’s to hoping Sale will prevail. Have to split in Houston at the very least.
    actually the Red Sox have been known to lose a bunch of games to start a playoff series and then come back and win the whole damn thing.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post

i actually prefer a 4pm start time to 8 or 9. at least i can go to sleep before midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i actually prefer a 4pm start time to 8 or 9. at least i can go to sleep before midnight.
    Yup. Plus starting at 4 enables me to watch the Pats game at 8:30.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Yup. Plus starting at 4 enables me to watch the Pats game at 8:30.
    that's right!
    tomorrows 2pm start is a bit trickier. luckily i had already taken the day off as the SW Battlefront II Beta drops tomorrow (today for the deluxe edition folks).

Legend
    Have to hit. Not only today but this series.

Man, those 8:00pm + starts on Sunday night between the Sox and the Yankees on ESPN are the worst. A poster on BDC used to refer to them as The Death March to Midnight.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

I can't sit down to watch tv until about 8pm or so. I could dvr it, but I enjoy having my phone on me too much to not spoil results ahead of time.

Bogaerts SS,
    Núñez DH,
    Benintendi LF,
    Betts RF,
    Moreland 1B,
    Pedroia 2B,
    Devers 3B,
    Leon C,
    Bradley Jr. CF