Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: If Judge was on the Red Sox

  1. #1

    If Judge was on the Red Sox

    Would you suspect him of using steroids?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    I have no reason to suspect Aaron Judge of using steroids regardless of his team.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Would you suspect him of using steroids?
    Regardless of what team anyone is on I wouldn't publicly connect them with steroids unless I had some kind of proof that he'd been using. That's the kind of innuendo that can ruin a guy's reputation.

    IOW I wouldn't say so even if I did. I find no need to repeat every unfounded suspicion I have.
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

  4. #4
    I never assume any individual player is on steroids without sufficient evidence. And that evidence cannot come in the form of statistical improvement or elite performance alone.

    However, I do strongly suspect multiple players throughout the league continue to use and manage tobeat the system

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I never assume any individual player is on steroids without sufficient evidence. And that evidence cannot come in the form of statistical improvement or elite performance alone.

    However, I do strongly suspect multiple players throughout the league continue to use and manage tobeat the system
    I'm sure it is and always has been pretty much a collective problem. PEDs have gotta be around because so many are undetectable. The numbers of players involved from periods to periods may change but no doubt it is NOT an individual problem. And it's too bad the League cherry picks individuals to be their object lessons while others go untainted.

    Judge will be or is suspect already just because of his sudden rise at age 25. The Yanks entered spring training this year thinking they would have to send Judge back to the minors just so he could hit everyday (ha ha) But he sure is big enough to hit all these homers... maybe he just found a good hitting coach.

  6. #6
    Steroids or no steroids, I don't want Judge on the Red Sox. I don't want any stinking Yankee on the Red Sox.

  7. #7
    He's on the Yankees. Surely he has been to their clinic in Miami....
    other names i have posted under: none

  8. #8
    I've long suspected there's something fishy in the Yankee clubhouse water fountain.

  9. #9
    Every time some player shows a power surge mid-career, the steroid chatter begins. Judge, obviously, is a bit early for that. But Jose Bautista certainly was a hot topic. Like there was no other way. And it's so unprecedented. Right?

    By that logic, Roger Maris was clearly on steroids.

    And Babe Ruth...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Steroids or no steroids, I don't want Judge on the Red Sox. I don't want any stinking Yankee on the Red Sox.
    You didn't love Don Baylor? (RIP)

    Also Tony Armas Jr helped us get Pedro (and keep him off the Yankees)...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Every time some player shows a power surge mid-career, the steroid chatter begins. Judge, obviously, is a bit early for that. But Jose Bautista certainly was a hot topic. Like there was no other way. And it's so unprecedented. Right?

    By that logic, Roger Maris was clearly on steroids.

    And Babe Ruth...
    Look at Judge's massive and malformed head!

  12. #12
    What a stupid thread. Hes a massive human being. He should have power.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Look at Judge's massive and malformed head!
    And the gapped teeth.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  14. #14
    I have no reason to suspect Judge. But I do think the damn ball is juiced. Every freaking day there's another 470 foot home run.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I have no reason to suspect Judge. But I do think the damn ball is juiced. Every freaking day there's another 470 foot home run.
    I've come to agree about the balls. I know the NCAA has changed to a flatter-seamed ball in order to negate the effect of the BBCOR bats that became mandated because of safety concerns. I have to wonder if MLB has quietly gone to the same type of ball in order to increase the flight of the ball.

    "The D-I switch was widely expected after an NCAA study revealed that the flat-seamed ball travels an average of 20 feet longer out of a pitching machine set to simulate typical home run conditions than the raised-seam ball..."
    Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...SLkPq5qVR1J.99
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •