Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84

Thread: If Judge was on the Red Sox

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Those of you of my age will remember Frank Howard, a guy eerily similar to Judge in size at a time when athletes in general were smaller than today. He put up several 40 home run seasons in the late 60s. He was just a big man.

    Judge is just a big man. If he were inclined that way, he'd make a heck of a tight end or offensive tackle in football or perhaps a power forward in basketball.
    The only truly big guys the Sox have on the roster are the pitchers. Hanley weighs 235 so he is our biggest hitter. We draft our guys out of the land of the lilliputians.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    The best thing is that he haven't reach the age of peak performance (27-29 yrs)

    He looks out of place because most of the guys his (Judge and Stanton) size and athleticism usually pick football of basketball, Just imagine Gronk in a baseball field
    A healthy Gronk could play baseball or basketball at a hi level. He is a gifted athlete.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    A healthy Gronk could play baseball or basketball at a hi level. He is a gifted athlete.
    I agree, but those guys usually don't pick baseball

    I'm happy Judge picked baseball, he had scholarship offers to play football and basketball too, he's just a freak like Gronk

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I agree, but those guys usually don't pick baseball

    I'm happy Judge picked baseball, he had scholarship offers to play football and basketball too, he's just a freak like Gronk
    I agree.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    A healthy Gronk could play baseball or basketball at a hi level. He is a gifted athlete.
    Athelticism and baseball skills aren't also in sync. Jon Kruk was hardly a gifted athlete. Bo Jackson was. Which one was better at baseball?

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I agree, but those guys usually don't pick baseball

    I'm happy Judge picked baseball, he had scholarship offers to play football and basketball too, he's just a freak like Gronk
    A lot of those multi-sport athlete guys like to try baseball first, but if they don't make it within the few seasons, many inevitably give it up and go play football. Chris Winke, Cody Brennan, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and Russell Wilson, to name a few.

    Even Danny Ainge gave baseball a good try, but quit after making MLB (and being thoroughly awful) to go play basketball...

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Athelticism and baseball skills aren't also in sync. Jon Kruk was hardly a gifted athlete. Bo Jackson was. Which one was better at baseball?
    I do not see your point. Yes, less athletic people can play baseball well. Supremely athletic people may be able to play baseball well.

    My Point is that big guys (tall ) with the ability to run, who can move their feet quickly, and who have good hands can be good athletes.

    Where is the conflict in my statement?

    Ever hear of Tony Gonzalez?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    A lot of those multi-sport athlete guys like to try baseball first, but if they don't make it within the few seasons, many inevitably give it up and go play football. Chris Winke, Cody Brennan, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, and Russell Wilson, to name a few.

    Even Danny Ainge gave baseball a good try, but quit after making MLB (and being thoroughly awful) to go play basketball...
    Ainge, from appearances, could shoot a basketball better that he could hit a baseball. And he could make a shit tone more money sooner rather than later playing in the NBA.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    What a stupid thread. He’s a massive human being. He should have power.
    The point of the thread was missed, but that's fine. I think Judge's season is suspicious, but you could say the same about Stanton. The problem is any time HR totals near the bad old days of McGwire and Sosa and Bonds, there's going to be that suspicion, even if it's unfounded. As noted, players across the league are swinging for the fences more than ever and some think the ball is doctored.

    But my point was would we overlook the suspicion if he was our guy.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Judge doesn’t have to be lefty to be awesome. He misses balls and still pulls them out of the stadium to LF. If he was a lefty, though, he might hit an extra 10 bombs by accident
    This means nothing. I like my chances of hitting one out of that fucking joke of a park.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #41
    If Judge was on the Sox, we'd all be whining about how he regressed in the 2nd half and then went 0 for a million against the Astros.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If Judge was on the Sox, we'd all be whining about how he regressed in the 2nd half and then went 0 for a million against the Astros.
    Aye.

  13. #43
    Posted this on the Yankee thread yesterday, but I'll repeat it here for those who don't go there:

    Judge struck out more times in the 5 game ALDS (16) than Tony Gwynn did in the entire 1995 season (15) when Gwynn played in 135 games.

    I know the game has changed, but that boggles the mind. I'm not sure which one is more ridiculous.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

  14. #44
    I'm sure glad we Drafted Trey Ball instead of Judge.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Posted this on the Yankee thread yesterday, but I'll repeat it here for those who don't go there:

    Judge struck out more times in the 5 game ALDS (16) than Tony Gwynn did in the entire 1995 season (15) when Gwynn played in 135 games.

    I know the game has changed, but that boggles the mind. I'm not sure which one is more ridiculous.
    Just looking at this - 3 Golden Sombreros in 5 games!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •