Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/6 ALDS @ Astros

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Also on the bright side is Farrell may be fired. Need someone else to spark the dugout. Had Lovullo and fucked that up.
    It would be unusual to fire a guy after winning back to back divisions.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    No power...you can't win without power...Sox won in 13 with power hits in key spots...Home runs win playoff games...Ortiz v. Detroit. Gomes v. St. Louis. Damon v. Yankees in 04. Varitek v. Angels with Pedro on the hill in 04 ALDS. Trying to scratch runs with marginal hitters is not working. Astros haven't had to worry not once this series. It's a 2-0...On to Boston. For Fister (cough).
    It is very hard to string together a bunch of hits off good pitchers. The Astros have scored 12 runs this series, 8 of them on homers.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I was just happy to see the Pats hang on v. Tampa and the B's hang on v. Predators...This team? Need Joe Foy, need Elston Howard, need Longborg. Need a lot of things.

It might happen if it's back to back playoff embarrassments though.

It would be unusual for a team to play horribly down the stretch and be swept in the first round of the playoffs in two straight years and not make a coaching change.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Price could go the rest of the way and shut these guys down (which would be fantastic to see) but won't help unless the offense gets something going. 3 friggin runs...... My god!!!!

See Grady Little for can't fire guys who win...Yes, you can.

by the way, now Fox is talking about what I said...Price being available in game 3...that ship sailed.

Another awesome inning for Price. Really wish we would have started him. Not sure if it would have been different or not but he has looked solid. Maybe this will ignite the offense or something.

Francona was fired.

OK here we go O!

so sick of our tap dancing offense.................tap tap tap

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Francona was fired.
    After missing the playoffs 2 years in a row and an epic collapse though. 2011 was the year that fucked us. Francona and Epstein gone in one fell swoop.

Tyler I was talking to my brother and this was hours before this game started. I kept saying, if Pomeranz has a short outing or is beaten up (both happened), would be nice if Farrell chucked the Silver Linings Playbook and went with Price to START game 3. That ship has sailed. The fact that he went to Carson City Smith, who looked a lot like Calvin Deer in Head Lights Schiraldi, before Price and then waits till its a 3-run deficit to bring in Price, but not thinking ahead that maybe you just worry about games 3,4,5, with Dallas Cy Young on hill...that tells me Farrell is not thinking and his advisers aren't helping him either. Naturally Price has thrown great.

As sad as this sounds, I really would start Porcello over Fister. I realize Porcello is a torch job, but maybe lightning in a bottle in one more playoff outing to decide his fate. Fister? I can see 4-run 1st inning and it's over quick.