Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 383

Thread: 10/6 ALDS @ Astros

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reime...medium=twitter

    Red Sox lineup: Rafael Devers sits for no apparent reason

    The Red Sox are not fielding their best lineup against the Astros in Game 2 of the American League Divisional Series.

    Manager John Farrell has penciled in seven right-handers for the Red Sox with left-handed Dallas Keuchel on the mound. Most egregiously, Rafael Devers is on the bench, with light-hitting Devin Marrero taking his place at third base. Chris Young, who was added to the playoff roster Thursday after Eduardo Nunez reaggravated his knee injury, is batting sixth and at DH. As a result, Hanley Ramirez is at first base and Mitch Moreland is on the bench.

    Moreland has performed better against lefties this season than Young. The veteran first baseman is slashing .247/.341/.342 against southpaws, whereas Young is batting .200 with a .590 OPS. Devers, meanwhile, is batting .400 with an OPS north of 1.000 against left-handers. He didn’t look out of place Thursday, either, recording an RBI.

    With those numbers in mind, the absence of Devers is mystifying.
    He's a doofus. He doesn't get enough sleep for day games for both brain cells to recharge.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  2. #17
    @ScottLauber

    Could make a strong case for DHing Devers over Young, or keeping Devers at third and DHing Pedroia. But sitting Devers? Tough to do that.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  3. #18
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reime...medium=twitter

    Red Sox lineup: Rafael Devers sits for no apparent reason

    The Red Sox are not fielding their best lineup against the Astros in Game 2 of the American League Divisional Series.

    Manager John Farrell has penciled in seven right-handers for the Red Sox with left-handed Dallas Keuchel on the mound. Most egregiously, Rafael Devers is on the bench, with light-hitting Devin Marrero taking his place at third base. Chris Young, who was added to the playoff roster Thursday after Eduardo Nunez reaggravated his knee injury, is batting sixth and at DH. As a result, Hanley Ramirez is at first base and Mitch Moreland is on the bench.

    Moreland has performed better against lefties this season than Young. The veteran first baseman is slashing .247/.341/.342 against southpaws, whereas Young is batting .200 with a .590 OPS. Devers, meanwhile, is batting .400 with an OPS north of 1.000 against left-handers. He didn’t look out of place Thursday, either, recording an RBI.

    With those numbers in mind, the absence of Devers is mystifying.
    John 'two-neurons' Farrell is about to blow the series.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  4. #19
    Farrell is brain dead. It is that simple.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reime...medium=twitter

    Red Sox lineup: Rafael Devers sits for no apparent reason

    The Red Sox are not fielding their best lineup against the Astros in Game 2 of the American League Divisional Series.

    Manager John Farrell has penciled in seven right-handers for the Red Sox with left-handed Dallas Keuchel on the mound. Most egregiously, Rafael Devers is on the bench, with light-hitting Devin Marrero taking his place at third base. Chris Young, who was added to the playoff roster Thursday after Eduardo Nunez reaggravated his knee injury, is batting sixth and at DH. As a result, Hanley Ramirez is at first base and Mitch Moreland is on the bench.

    Moreland has performed better against lefties this season than Young. The veteran first baseman is slashing .247/.341/.342 against southpaws, whereas Young is batting .200 with a .590 OPS. Devers, meanwhile, is batting .400 with an OPS north of 1.000 against left-handers. He didn’t look out of place Thursday, either, recording an RBI.

    With those numbers in mind, the absence of Devers is mystifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He's a doofus. He doesn't get enough sleep for day games for both brain cells to recharge.
    The ML has went from +138 up to +165. Farrell making his impact.

  6. #21
    If Young goes 0-4, Farrell shouldn't be allowed back on the plane.

    USC fired Kiffin on the tarmac, the BoSox should be even harder on Farrell.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If Young goes 0-4, Farrell shouldn't be allowed back on the plane.

    USC fired Kiffin on the tarmac, the BoSox should be even harder on Farrell.
    They should make Chris Young drive Farrell back to Boston.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    They should make Chris Young drive Farrell back to Boston.
    It's only a 28 hour drive. They'd be back in time for game 3.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Pedroia gotta stop fucking up. He ruined my appetite yesterday with his penchant for killing rallies.
    pEDROIA WILL HAVE TO WIN HIS JOB BACK, NEXT MARCH, RIGHT HERE IN fT mYERS.

    My wild guess is that he's probably done.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    pEDROIA WILL HAVE TO WIN HIS JOB BACK, NEXT MARCH, RIGHT HERE IN fT mYERS.

    My wild guess is that he's probably done.
    Farrell's lineup has gotten me so bummed out that I can't even enjoy this comment anymore.

    Pedey, for all that is good and holy about the Red Sox, please win the damn game today.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Farrell is brain dead. It is that simple.
    Or very desperate!

  12. #27
    @PeteAbe 55 minutes ago

    Chris Young 7 of 25 with three XBHs vs Keuchel. … Deven Marrero was .291/.344/.600 vs. LHPs this season.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If Young goes 0-4, Farrell shouldn't be allowed back on the plane.

    USC fired Kiffin on the tarmac, the BoSox should be even harder on Farrell.
    Young had a pretty good outing last time he played against Houston. I can't remember the exact numbers but he was hitting and started 2 for 2 if I remember correctly. Sitting Devers is insane to me but it is what it is. Farrel has proved time and time again that he is a total moron. Obviously is trying to change things up because the offense stinks but sitting one of our best players is not the thing to do.

  14. #29
    If we win this game today (Fri. afternoon) it will most likely be due to our good pitching and Houston’s not so good pitching. Not having Devers in there, may be JF’s worst move of the season (and, that’s saying a lot).

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    If we win this game today (Fri. afternoon) it will most likely be due to our good pitching and Houston’s not so good pitching. Not having Devers in there, may be JF’s worst move of the season (and, that’s saying a lot).
    If we get shut out or lose something stupid like 2-1 with Poms having a great day JF should be terrified for his future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •