Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/6 ALDS @ Astros

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXandyManCan View Post
    my gawd..............here come the trolls now
    About time! I thought they were all asleep!

Well, the good news is that when your pitching sucks and your hitting sucks, the dumb-ass managerial decisions (ph'ing lefties against a guy who holds them to around .100) and defensive lapses really don't hurt you.

it was a miracle they didn't lose at least 8-0 last night- they were totally outmatched. I expect the indians to rebound from klubers first inning.
    Yankees are a grinding kind of team. They can usually protect a lead pretty decent and a big part of that is because they have a strong bullpen. Will be an interesting finish in this game should be another close one.

Maybe Fister will have a shut out tomorrow lol?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Maybe Fister will have a shut out tomorrow lol?
    He will definitely not be scored on tomorrow.

Told ya- no way tribe is going down at the hands of that fatso- they should bunt next

And now Betts reinjures his thumb/wrist. Is Stephen King writing this script?
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Betts play hurt this year and he still deliver great defense, production (100+ runs scored and batted in).

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    And now Betts reinjures his thumb/wrist. Is Stephen King writing this script?
    How silly of us to think that things can only get better from here on out. Just keeps going from bad to worse.

Told ya- no way tribe is going down at the hands of that fatso- they should bunt next
    Wow took my eyes off the score for just a few seconds and the Indians tied it up.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    It felt like everyone knew this was going to be a problem going into the season. But, DD didn’t see it. That’s what’s bothering me about DD.
    I was one who did not see it. Last year we had exactly the same W-L--93-69--with the big bopper as we had this year without him. The additions of Sale and Pom certainly helped with the rotation, especially with the collapse of Porcello and the DL time by Price.

Right now I'm not so sure one big bopper will turn things around in 2018, especially with respect to the postseason. This is two years in a row when the rotation has deserted us in the first two games. Last year it was Price and Porcello, this year Sale and Pomeranz.

And look at that Astros lineup--it's not just one guy, it's a bunch of them. 8 dingers in two games vs. our 0 dingers in two games. If Ortiz were back and hitting as well as ever, I doubt that he could hit 8 dingers in 2 games.

I have been a Farrell supporter for most of the season and for most game situations, but I have always said that the manager is accountable for wins and losses. In this case, the regular season is definitely in his favor. But the postseason is completely against him this year and last year even though I think the complaints about who is in the lineup are puerile whining. Thus you will not see me complaining if DD makes a change, which is a heckuva lot easier than changing the entire lineup and pitching staff.

Well at least they are giving Shaughnessy and his protege at the Herald, Buckley, some good material to write about.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Deity
    Indians tie it, 2-2, in the bottom of the 1st with a reached on an error, a walk, an HBP, and a single. As Mel Allen used to say, how about that, sports fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I was one who did not see it. Last year we had exactly the same W-L--93-69--with the big bopper as we had this year without him. The additions of Sale and Pom certainly helped with the rotation, especially with the collapse of Porcello and the DL time by Price.

Right now I'm not so sure one big bopper will turn things around in 2018, especially with respect to the postseason. This is two years in a row when the rotation has deserted us in the first two games. Last year it was Price and Porcello, this year Sale and Pomeranz.

And look at that Astros lineup--it's not just one guy, it's a bunch of them. 8 dingers in two games vs. our 0 dingers in two games. If Ortiz were back and hitting as well as ever, I doubt that he could hit 8 dingers in 2 games.

I have been a Farrell supporter for most of the season and for most game situations, but I have always said that the manager is accountable for wins and losses. In this case, the regular season is definitely in his favor. But the postseason is completely against him this year and last year even though I think the complaints about who is in the lineup are puerile whining. Thus you will not see me complaining if DD makes a change, which is a heckuva lot easier than changing the entire lineup and pitching staff.
    I just really hope Sale gains a bit of weight in the offseason. The man is an incredible pitcher and has some great stuff...... He showed that in the first half of the season and parts of the second half of the season. But he is so thin and I think he just got so burnt out near the end and didn't have much left in his throws..... Obviously I am not a pitching coach but that is just my opinion. I think Sale can have another fantastic year next year but needs to bulk up a bit. With the 2nd half of the season I think we all were expecting this could happen come playoffs. Poms I was a bit shocked I won't lie as he has been our most consistent pitcher outside of 1 or 2 crap starts.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He will definitely not be scored on tomorrow.
    We could be surprised and find him to be effective,which he can be when he has command of his pitches.

I believe I was the only one who said I thought Fister would be a starter in the postseason, especially after his last postseason start. I based that on just one thing. To me Fister is a pitcher first and a thrower second, but not so Sale, Pom, ERod, or Porcello. To me the best definition of a pitcher is someone who has command of his pitches and is particularly good at using breaking balls--including cut fastballs--and working the lower part of the plate.