Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 383

Thread: 10/6 ALDS @ Astros

  1. #361
    Best thing I can think of at the moment would be seeing David Ortiz in Ft Myers next March! AS MANAGER. tHIS GUY HAS MORE BASEBALL KNOW-HOW, AS WELL AS ENERGY, THAT ANYONE i CAN EVER RECALL!

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    what?
    It's a reference to the 2004 ALCS. Before Game 4 (remember the Yanks led 3-0 at that point), Kevin Millar was good by around to anyone who would listen saying "Don't let us win tonight" and then added they had Schilling and Pedro scheduled for games 5 and 6 and that in "Game 7 anything can happen."
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Well the Yanks showing like they belong in the playoffs.
    Except for maybe those two pitches and the 9 runs.

  4. #364

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    It's a reference to the 2004 ALCS. Before Game 4 (remember the Yanks led 3-0 at that point), Kevin Millar was good by around to anyone who would listen saying "Don't let us win tonight" and then added they had Schilling and Pedro scheduled for games 5 and 6 and that in "Game 7 anything can happen."
    It's all captured on film for posterity, Millar saying that to Shaughnessy - with a grin on his face! Just incredible. And then he gets the crucial walk off Rivera in the 9th to boot.

  6. #366
    the best part about yesterday's game was dannycater posts. Good to see you DC
    other names i have posted under: none

  7. #367
    Ah, OK.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Except for maybe those two pitches and the 9 runs.
    Except except the 8 runs scored in 2 games, which is exactly twice what we've accomplished.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Best thing I can think of at the moment would be seeing David Ortiz in Ft Myers next March! AS MANAGER. tHIS GUY HAS MORE BASEBALL KNOW-HOW, AS WELL AS ENERGY, THAT ANYONE i CAN EVER RECALL!
    Best thing I can think of at the moment is we win the next three on the way to another World Series title.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yanks up 8-3!
    But ya didn't, Blanche, ya didn't win the game.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #371
    Day off today. Win the next 2 at home and fluke one out in Houston. I feel good about our chances....................

  12. #372
    I can't believe that the last hopes for our season rest with Fister.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I can't believe that the last hopes for our season rest with Fister.
    I can understand this yet at this point I have as much or more confidence in Fister as I have for Sale or Pom.

    Still, this Sox team is not likely to out-hit Houston.

    Sad.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  14. #374
    hey, hey, slash...always rely on your hottie photos for avatars..time-honored tradition I still see. I'm trying to figure out if anyone remembers last year's dead-walk v. the Indians. Well, this is dead-walk part deaux. Sox are indeed the Walking Dead.

  15. #375
    Sox are proving every baseball expert right...and that has to be the worst thing about all of this...predictability of both the Astros and the Sox. But all it takes is a home run by a Sox player early in a game and who knows. But that's the hard part---who will step up and homer? Should have happened in Houston. I would have played Holt in game 2 as a gut thing as he is a Texas boy (as is Chris Young). I also would have held on to Price but that's because I knew game 2 was over...by the time they put him in after Calvson SchiSmith, it was at best a waste of his pitching. He could have gone long on Monday with the season on the line...217 million, he should be throwing 4 to 5 innings regardless of his lack of use after injury. Fister, who know. Either he shuts them down or he gets roped in the 1st inning, something that Doug has been doing a lot of this season. You can't fall behind against the Astros. Sox are in no position to come back with the 2 hits, 1 walk and maybe scratch a run offense against the 1 swing and you are down 3-0 Astros.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •