Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 473

Thread: Astros, 10/8, game 3, ALDS

  1. #1

    Astros, 10/8, game 3, ALDS

    Peacock vs. Fister, both righties.

    Time to win one. Astros have outpitched and outhit the Sox to a fare thee well in October.

    In the lineup I see Devers at 3b, Vazquez catching, Moreland at 1b, Pedey at 2b, the regular outfield (all B's), and HanRam at DH. However, maybe a shakeup in the top 3--or not.

    Assuming the Sox win today--Farrell's choice tomorrow is Porcello or ERod because there is no compelling reason to bring Sale back on short rest.

    When he is on, Fister can hit corners, mix up his pitches, keep the ball low, etc. In his last start, Sep 29, Fister went 5.1 against the Astros, giving up 3. Price, Reed, and Kimbrel pitched the last 3.2 innings scoreless.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 10-08-2017 at 09:20 AM.

  2. #2
    The starting time is kind of odd. 2:38.

    I have no idea why.

    The game can be seen on Fox Sports 1.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #3
    Weather should be in play today, at least at the start. Win. Dance. Repeat.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #4
    I couldn't make it to Boston for today's game due to a bad case of bursitis. I am selling my tickets on Stubhub, but if anyone on TS would like to go to the game, I will transfer my tickets to you for face value ($75/each no fees). You would need an MLB account to complete the online transfer.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I couldn't make it to Boston for today's game due to a bad case of bursitis. I am selling my tickets on Stubhub, but if anyone on TS would like to go to the game, I will transfer my tickets to you for face value ($75/each no fees). You would need an MLB account to complete the online transfer.
    That sucks. I hope that you can find some way of being comfortable today.

    It's raining significantly in North Attleboro.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That sucks. I hope that you can find some way of being comfortable today.

    It's raining significantly in North Attleboro.
    Thanks, Pete. If it gets rained out today, maybe I can get up there for the next 2 games.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  7. #7
    NOAA says showers "mainly before 2pm." Radar images look like all of this will pass by game-time or thereabouts.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    NOAA says showers "mainly before 2pm." Radar images look like all of this will pass by game-time or thereabouts.
    Sounds like no on-field BP though
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  9. #9
    The start times for this series have been painful. Game 2 started at 11 AM for me, on a weekday. How am I supposed to watch the game, sulk about the Sox getting crushed, and post to Talksox all at work?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    The start times for this series have been painful. Game 2 started at 11 AM for me, on a weekday. How am I supposed to watch the game, sulk about the Sox getting crushed, and post to Talksox all at work?
    We've really been getting the sucky start times.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    The start times for this series have been painful. Game 2 started at 11 AM for me, on a weekday. How am I supposed to watch the game, sulk about the Sox getting crushed, and post to Talksox all at work?
    Yeah, that's tough. I doubt you'll have this problem again, at least this year. Me? I'm going for a ride in the rain. I'm sure my astute analysis of the game, the season, and the inner workings of the front office won't be affected by not seeing what happens on the field.

  12. #12
    Time to beat Houston.......... and ruin the good times, for the bad people.....
    Everybody here is out of sight
    They don't bark, and they don't bite
    They keep things loose, they keep things light
    Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I couldn't make it to Boston for today's game due to a bad case of bursitis. I am selling my tickets on Stubhub, but if anyone on TS would like to go to the game, I will transfer my tickets to you for face value ($75/each no fees). You would need an MLB account to complete the online transfer.
    Good luck with that bursitis crap, man. I wish I could help you (us) out by buying that ticket but I couldn't even get to the park on time. You should have no trouble selling them for 'face' though.
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

  14. #14
    If I was at home, and not school, I would pounce on those tickets and speed down the Mass Pike.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  15. #15
    Along or nothing today boys. Season is on the line. Get it done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •