Register now to remove this ad

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 376 to 383 of 383

Thread: 10/6 ALDS @ Astros

  1. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I can't believe that the last hopes for our season rest with Fister.
    Anyone who seriously thought we were winning this series is a delusional blind homer. I didn't rate us for more than one win, and that was optimistic.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #377
    I realize they need a day off for travel, but I wish they were playing today, dammit. Rip that band aid right off.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's all captured on film for posterity, Millar saying that to Shaughnessy - with a grin on his face! Just incredible. And then he gets the crucial walk off Rivera in the 9th to boot.
    I still marvel when I think about how much a split second matters in this game. Can anyone even imagine what we'd be saying about Tito or Dave Roberts these days if he had gotten thrown out on that steal?


  4. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I still marvel when I think about how much a split second matters in this game. Can anyone even imagine what we'd be saying about Tito or Dave Roberts these days if he had gotten thrown out on that steal?
    I hear ya. There was also the fateful moment in Game 5 when Tony Clark hit the ground-rule double that would have driven in the series-winning run if it didn't bounce over the wall in the right-field corner.

    The baseball gods were smiling on us that year, for once.

  5. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I hear ya. There was also the fateful moment in Game 5 when Tony Clark hit the ground-rule double that would have driven in the series-winning run if it didn't bounce over the wall in the right-field corner.

    The baseball gods were smiling on us that year, for once.
    I have often used that play as a perfect example of randomness - The bounce of the ball potentially being the difference between a win and a loss.

  6. #381
    Same thing in the 78 playoff. Piniella playing out of position on RF line, can't see a thing due to blinding sun, but is able to catch a ball on Lynn, then same thing on a hop on Remy base hit, stopping Burleson at 2nd when he could have easily jogged to third. Rice then hits a bomb out that would have scored Burleson for a sac fly and tying run...arggggggggggggggggggggggh

  7. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Same thing in the 78 playoff. Piniella playing out of position on RF line, can't see a thing due to blinding sun, but is able to catch a ball on Lynn, then same thing on a hop on Remy base hit, stopping Burleson at 2nd when he could have easily jogged to third. Rice then hits a bomb out that would have scored Burleson for a sac fly and tying run...arggggggggggggggggggggggh
    I know, Piniella makes 2 plays in that game he had no right to make...baseball gods were unkind to us that day.

  8. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Same thing in the 78 playoff. Piniella playing out of position on RF line, can't see a thing due to blinding sun, but is able to catch a ball on Lynn, then same thing on a hop on Remy base hit, stopping Burleson at 2nd when he could have easily jogged to third. Rice then hits a bomb out that would have scored Burleson for a sac fly and tying run...arggggggggggggggggggggggh
    I was too young to watch (or remember) that series, but things like this happen all the time in baseball. In a short series, randomness (luck) often prevails.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •