Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Should DD be fired?

Deity
    Verlander makes Stanton money for the next two seasons. If you want Stanton instead, this does become an "either or" scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Right. So they should clean house and replace the current team and personnel with as many changes as possible. The far more likely outcome is a team where the last few weeks don't matter....
    Is anyone actually interested in cleaning house tho?

The changes I've advocated are replacing Moreland with JD Martinez and maybe a few pen arms or a bench guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Is anyone actually interested in cleaning house tho?

The changes I've advocated are replacing Moreland with JD Martinez and maybe a few pen arms or a bench guy.
    Your signature implies you want at least one more move...

Your signature implies you want at least one more move...
    Yes, Alex Cora now and forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    You watch Verlander and Darvish pitch in the postseason and you can't help but wonder if the Red Sox would have been better off keeping Kopech and Moncada and acquiring a pitcher like Verlander or Darvish without giving up such great young talent. The Astros and Dodgers acquired Verlander and Darvish without giving up prospects like Moncada and Kopech.

Sure, without Sale, the Red Sox probably don't win the division but where did winning the division get them? Sale helped them win a division but then, in turn, helped them lose in the ALDS. The Red Sox need more power in their lineup. Moncada is going to strike out a lot, but he would give them power at 2b for years to come. It also looks like the Red Sox are going to soon need a starting 2b--Pedroia isn't going to last forever and will likely need some work at DH to keep him fresh.

In the meantime, Kopech looks like a stud.

I'm skeptical things will end well for Dombrowski. He will likely leave the organization as a disgrace in a couple of years. He won't be fired, Henry won't do that to him, but if he doesn't win a championship over the next two years, his trades will likely haunt the Red Sox for years to come.
    I am pretty much in agreement with this, but to be fair, Dombrowski deserves a chance to see how his 'plan' works out. We may win 2 World Series over the next two years. Dombrowski might miraculously restock the farm before we arrive at the impending cliff.

I am not a Dombrowski fan, so in the meantime, I will voice my displeasure with his approach. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Fire DD
    #bringbackben

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    #bringbackben'scellardwellers
    ^Fixed
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    You watch Verlander and Darvish pitch in the postseason and you can't help but wonder if the Red Sox would have been better off keeping Kopech and Moncada and acquiring a pitcher like Verlander or Darvish without giving up such great young talent. The Astros and Dodgers acquired Verlander and Darvish without giving up prospects like Moncada and Kopech.

Sure, without Sale, the Red Sox probably don't win the division but where did winning the division get them? Sale helped them win a division but then, in turn, helped them lose in the ALDS. The Red Sox need more power in their lineup. Moncada is going to strike out a lot, but he would give them power at 2b for years to come. It also looks like the Red Sox are going to soon need a starting 2b--Pedroia isn't going to last forever and will likely need some work at DH to keep him fresh.

In the meantime, Kopech looks like a stud.

I'm skeptical things will end well for Dombrowski. He will likely leave the organization as a disgrace in a couple of years. He won't be fired, Henry won't do that to him, but if he doesn't win a championship over the next two years, his trades will likely haunt the Red Sox for years to come.
    Nobody on this board has bashed desperate dave like I have, but even I have to admit desperate dave did the right thing by going all in on sale.

And if everyone is honest, we all knew sale had a tendency to wear down in the second half of seasons.

Out of devers, Moncada and benintendi, desperate dave was smart to part with Moncada. So I give him props for that as well.

Now he needs to put that same focus squarely on signing ohtani.

Deity
    Right. So they should clean house and replace the current team and personnel with as many changes as possible. The far more likely outcome is a team where the last few weeks don't matter....
    While he is at it, John Henry might just as well fire himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    #bringbackben
    +102
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    +102
    What position does he play?

All-Star
    Yes. Very early in his first season, NESN caught him his box sipping a glass of what was obviously wine. Well, it was in a wine glass. They cut away as quickly as they could, but I didn't like what I saw. BIGSHOTITIS. That was enough for me.

Re/hispluses and minuses on the diamond? I don't know eaxactly where his authority begins and ends. He (or someone) made one helluva fuckup when Lee was let go. 5 mil would have kept one of the best LH pitchers in baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yes, Alex Cora now and forever!
    Soon to be a check.

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Yes. Very early in his first season, NESN caught him his box sipping a glass of what was obviously wine. Well, it was in a wine glass. They cut away as quickly as they could, but I didn't like what I saw. BIGSHOTITIS. That was enough for me.

Re/hispluses and minuses on the diamond? I don't know eaxactly where his authority begins and ends. He (or someone) made one helluva fuckup when Lee was let go. 5 mil would have kept one of the best LH pitchers in baseball!
    Yaz ended each game with a six pack and a pack of smokes. Who cares?

Cora is the kind of hire that could motivate our hitters to actually play hard and not be zombies,

No idea if Cora can handle a pitching staff or bullpen, but hopefully he has a Great bench coach to help him,

At the end of the day, Cora will probably save desperate dave from the axe.