Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 188

Thread: Should DD be fired?

  1. #1

    Should DD be fired?

    He's the architect of two straight postseason disasters. His ace pitchers have failed in the big spot. He has not replaced Papi. His offense just wasn't meant for these times. Do you trust him to fix the roster next season? Has he done enough to warrant another year or two?

    Someone said it's enough just making the postseason. No, not in this town and not with this payroll.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #2
    You're committed now. DD has another 2 seasons to put together a playoff excelling team
    How many more years left in ARod's contract?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You're committed now. DD has another 2 seasons to put together a playoff excelling team
    Well, he's off to a great start.

    And don't take this thread to mean I personally think he should be fired, just making conversation because I'm sure it's what some of us are thinking.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #4
    No.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #5
    Not even close.

  6. #6
    Yes! Absolutely.

    He is not capable of building a roster capable of winning a World Series. He got lucky in Florida, but now he is a has been without a plan.

    All he can do is destroy an organization from the inside out!

    Dynamic leaders attract the brightest and the best. Yet in our organization, they all fled the first chance they got.

  7. #7
    Best thing I can think of at the moment would be seeing David Ortiz in Ft Myers next March! AS MANAGER. tHIS GUY HAS MORE BASEBALL KNOW-HOW, AS WELL AS ENERGY, THAT ANYONE i CAN EVER RECALL!

    And that incudes DD and JF combined!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    Best thing I can think of at the moment would be seeing David Ortiz in Ft Myers next March! AS MANAGER. tHIS GUY HAS MORE BASEBALL KNOW-HOW, AS WELL AS ENERGY, THAT ANYONE i CAN EVER RECALL!

    And that incudes DD and JF combined!
    Personally I would love to see Ortiz become our hitting coach.

  9. #9
    I think if you're going to make a big move you have to replace Farrell and see how things go next year. Maybe these guys just aren't as good as we hoped. Maybe another manager would get more out of them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Personally I would love to see Ortiz become our hitting coach.
    I'd be happy seeing him as bench coach. IMO his enthusiasm and knowledge would bring a lot to the team.
    Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    He's the architect of two straight postseason disasters. His ace pitchers have failed in the big spot. He has not replaced Papi. His offense just wasn't meant for these times. Do you trust him to fix the roster next season? Has he done enough to warrant another year or two?

    Someone said it's enough just making the postseason. No, not in this town and not with this payroll.
    Two Division winning teams are a lot more fun to watch than 3 last place teams with $200 million payrolls.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 10-06-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think if you're going to make a big move you have to replace Farrell and see how things go next year. Maybe these guys just aren't as good as we hoped. Maybe another manager would get more out of them.
    This discussion reminds me off the old 3 envelope joke adapted just for the Sox. It goes like this.

    When JH hired DD he gave him 3 sealed envelopes and told him to consult them in order to get tips each time he encountered a serious problem with the Sox.

    Well, last season the swoon at seasons end was just such a problem and DD remembered the envelopes so he decided to open envelope #1 to see if there was anyting helpful. The message contained was Blame Cherington. He did this in a sly way and the sportwriters seemed to soften up on the criticisms for a time and the Sox performed well enough to get a second pennant.

    The problems came back along with the criticisms, when the Soxs looked pathetic in the ALDS and were swept for a second year in a row. By now, DD was aware of how the envelope #1 have eased the way for him so he decided to open envelope #2. And the message was Reorgaqnize. So he went out and fired his managers and coaches and brought in new talent to run the Sox.

    Of course if this doesn't work out and the Sox don't seem closer to winning it all again the pressure and criticism will ultimately grow. At which time he will decide to open the envelope #3. And the message contained therein. Prepare Three Envelopes

    I think DD is all right for now but his action at the end of this season may be to Reorganize.

  13. #13
    If we had the guy who is currently coaching arizona as our bench coach, then replacing Farrell with him is a no brainer, but right now to change our Farrell as a scape goat is not smart and would once again prove dave has no plan,

    Farrell did not trade Shaw and go into this season relying on Pablo.

    Farrell did not replace Ortiz with another power hitter.

    Dave is a fireman and firemen are too busy reacting to crisis to think things through and develop a strategy.

    Scorched earth is not a strategy, just a recipe for disaster. And right now dave is scorching everything he can get his tal Myles's hands on. He has already annililated the farm system. The major team is probably next.

    Ps: Training refines talent, it does not create it, and sadly dave is not talented enough to do this job!

  14. #14
    First of all, the 2017 post-season isn't over yet. You'd think with as many comebacks as we have seen, some Sox fans might realize that.

    Second, you don't fire a GM for making the post-season twice with two AL East titles after two last place seasons. It's a lot easier to build a losing team than a winning one.

    I'm not even a big Dombrowski fan, but firing him now would be stupid...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    First of all, the 2017 post-season isn't over yet. You'd think with as many comebacks as we have seen, some Sox fans might realize that.

    Second, you don't fire a GM for making the post-season twice with two AL East titles after two last place seasons. It's a lot easier to build a losing team than a winning one.

    I'm not even a big Dombrowski fan, but firing him now would be stupid...
    Stupid wouldn't even be a strong enough word to describe it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •