Register now to remove this ad

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Should DD be fired?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Dombrowski does indeed deserve credit for the Cora hiring. Well done, Dave.

Too bad he then turned around and hired La Russa. It's almost like he's trying to cancel out the good in hiring Cora.

La Russa has certainly embraced sabermetrics moreso than most, if not all, other old school managers.

If he is not in the dugout making his asinine signature moves (which he made with some bizarre frequency, it was almost like he wanted one to be his legacy), I think he'll be pretty harmless. Possibly even beneficial...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    La Russa has certainly embraced sabermetrics moreso than most, if not all, other old school managers.

If he is not in the dugout making his asinine signature moves (which he made with some bizarre frequency, it was almost like he wanted one to be his legacy), I think he'll be pretty harmless. Possibly even beneficial...
    This site has its share of negative nellies who express their concerns crudely. We should be willing to give the moves a fair chance before filling the site with negative vibrations. LaRussa is a hall of fame baseball man abd ay well be a help in selecting coaches and players.

@PeteAbe

Red Sox stayed under the MLB luxury tax in 2017, resetting the penalties. “No,” said Dombrowski when asked if they would stay under again
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    dombrowski does indeed deserve credit for the cora hiring. Well done, dave.

Too bad he then turned around and hired la russa. It's almost like he's trying to cancel out the good in hiring cora.
    bingo.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @PeteAbe

Red Sox stayed under the MLB luxury tax in 2017, resetting the penalties. “No,” said Dombrowski when asked if they would stay under again
    bingo
    other names i have posted under: none

@PeteAbe

That was kind of obvious. That was the whole reason for resetting the penalties.

Legend
    That was kind of obvious. That was the whole reason for resetting the penalties.
    DD gets a pass by reason of the constraints he faced during last season. He will have more freedom for the 2018 season but it is still somewhat limited by the large contracts overhanging for another year. As far as LaRussa is concerned, I think the move made was a good one. Adding a very experienced and capable former anager in an advisory role makes sense to me.

It was obvious, but some posters had it as a topic of discussion a few weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    DD gets a pass by reason of the constraints he faced during last season. He will have more freedom for the 2018 season but it is still somewhat limited by the large contracts overhanging for another year. As far as LaRussa is concerned, I think the move made was a good one. Adding a very experienced and capable former anager in an advisory role makes sense to me.
    Dombrowski doesn't need a pass for this year or last year. He put contending teams on the field both years. The team getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs is not his fault.

As far as hiring LaRussa goes, once again, I just don't see the need. Roenicke was hired as Cora's bench coach to provide that experience and to complement Cora. IMO, Dombrowski should have hired a VP that could challenge his views a little more, rather than someone who seems like he would be in complete agreement with them.

It was obvious, but some posters had it as a topic of discussion a few weeks ago.
    I did not mean that as a knock against you for posting that.

I was just saying that I think we all say that coming.