Register now to remove this ad

Page 133 of 410 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 6142

Thread: 2017/18 Hot Stove Thread

I keep refreshing MLB Trade Rumors and nothing is happening?!?!?

What happened to Desperate Dave?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I keep refreshing MLB Trade Rumors and nothing is happening?!?!?

What happened to Desperate Dave?!?!?
    It'll be quite something if nothing happens before Saturday when the tickets go on sale.

@redsoxstats

Yankees now ~25M under the luxury tax after the Headley trade. Money and war chest of prospects to keep reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It'll be quite something if nothing happens before Saturday when the tickets go on sale.
    Damn, is that when Christmas at Fenway is? That's always a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @redsoxstats

Yankees now ~25M under the luxury tax after the Headley trade. Money and war chest of prospects to keep reloading.
    Sick.

Sick.
    Sometimes the fairest way to look at things is in retrospect, and in retrospect while we were gloating about the Yankees not winning he AL East since 2012 they were rebuilding while remaining largely competitive with 3 second place finishes in those 5 years.

Every dog has his day, and through good management and some surprising good luck they've set themselves up for a few years now. However, it's early for them to be dusting off spots in the trophy case for the WS hardware yet. They still have issues to address, the biggest one being pitching.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

All-Star
    It sure feels like the MFY are owning the winter meetings so far (for whatever that's worth). Meanwhile, no matter how many times I refresh Twitter, the rumor mill remains quiet for the Red Sox....for now.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Sometimes the fairest way to look at things is in retrospect, and in retrospect while we were gloating about the Yankees not winning he AL East since 2012 they were rebuilding while remaining largely competitive with 3 second place finishes in those 5 years.

Every dog has his day, and through good management and some surprising good luck they've set themselves up for a few years now. However, it's early for them to be dusting off spots in the trophy case for the WS hardware yet. They still have issues to address, the biggest one being pitching.
    Agreed, but...

$25M under the luxury limit.

Very strong farm.

Very strong young core- most with several years of team control and some not even at arb level yet.

Three of the top 20 power guys in MLB, including 2 of the top 3-4.

Agreed, but...

$25M under the luxury limit.

Very strong farm.

Very strong young core- most with several years of team control and some not even at arb level yet.

Three of the top 20 power guys in MLB, including 2 of the top 3-4.
    Gimmee a break here, will ya? I'm trying to put the best possible spin on this!!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Gimmee a break here, will ya? I'm trying to put the best possible spin on this!!
    I know...moon doesn't know when to quit.

Huge mistake signing both Hanley and Sandoval.

Biggest question mark is will Price return healthy?

Our rotation, closer and outfield are our strengths, Sale, Price, Pom, Porcello, E Rod, Kimbrel, Beni, JBJ and Betts. We're set at SS, 3B and catching. 2B will be fine with Dustin eventually returning.

To me, 1B/DH positions are critical offensively and at some point, we need to join rest of the league from production standpoint at those two positions. Free agent signing should address one of those spots.

I'm inclined to go with Kimmi's approach. We have enough talent to compete. Not overwhelming. Our starter if all healthy should be one of the best in American League.

Add a bat.
    Last edited by Nick; 12-12-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Huge mistake signing both Hanley and Sandoval.

Biggest question mark is will Price return healthy?

Our rotation, closer and outfield are our strengths, Sale, Price, Pom, Porcello, E Rod, Kimbrel, Beni, JBJ and Betts. We're set at SS, 3B and catching. 2B will be fine with Dustin eventually returning.

To me, 1B/DH positions are critical offensively and at some point, we need to join rest of the league from production standpoint at those two positions. Free agent signing should address one of those spots.

I'm inclined to go with Kimmi's approach. We have enough talent to compete. Not overwhelming. Our starter if all healthy should be one of the best in American League.

Add a bat.
    Agreed. 24th in 1B WAR is not going to cut it next year.

Worse, is the .749 1B OPS.

Last year's .807 wasn't really all that good either.

This may be unduly optimistic, but since Hanley has had his "phantom" shoulder surgery - the one DD said wasn't going to happen - is it too optimistic to think that the 2018 version of Hanley might resemble the 2016 version when he played 130 games at 1B and had a WAR of 2.8?
    -Vin Scully

This may be unduly optimistic, but since Hanley has had his "phantom" shoulder surgery - the one DD said wasn't going to happen - is it too optimistic to think that the 2018 version of Hanley might resemble the 2016 version when he played 130 games at 1B and had a WAR of 2.8?
    Never said that.

i am a big supporter of Hanram. that said...if what you state happens he will vest for 2019. and i'm not sure even I want that to happen.....
    other names i have posted under: none