Register now to remove this ad

Page 394 of 410 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 6142

Thread: 2017/18 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I didn't realize hindsight judgement only starts at a certain dollar amount.
    Of course it matters. It all matters, years, dollars, performance.

Ben sunk $250 million into Pablo, Hanley and Castillo, in return for virtually net zero WAR.

Of course he's going to be slagged for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Of course it matters. It all matters, years, dollars, performance.

Ben sunk $250 million into Pablo, Hanley and Castillo, in return for virtually net zero WAR.

Of course he's going to be slagged for that.
    Yes, "it matters" more when the blunder is $95M + $88M, but $13M still "matters."

I never said one mattered less than the other.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Shifting gears ....JT Realmutto wants out we already have three catchers ...just how good is this kid ? Not saying I'm interested just a talented player what's his ceiling is he better than VAz ? If so what the hell are we waiting for ?
    Sox don't have any prospects the Marlins would want. Realmuto will cost a random. Compared too him, Swihart is worthless. ...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Sox don't have any prospects the Marlins would want. Realmuto will cost a random. Compared too him, Swihart is worthless. ...
    They might like Danny Diaz, who might be ML ready by the time the Marlins are relevant again. (just kidding)

Maybe Mata, Diaz and Swihart.

Worthless ?? Huh ? A Ransom of what Groome ,Chavis and a filler piece ? Oh I think we have plenty if we want to get a Catcher that's is as good as you say "Ransom" ....We have a Ransom.I don't watch many Marlin games but this kid seems like a hell of a player from every account ....How about Vaz ,Groome for this kid ? We have plenty of pieces ...and hey Blake is far from Worthless compared to Mike Trout he's still not Worthless ...JBJ keeps hitting like he has Mookie will be manning CF and you will get a chance to watch who you think is worthless...if Leon falters a nuts hair you will see mr worthless ...if Nunez falters filling in at second again Mr worthless ...in extra innings with no pitchers left ...you get to see mr worthless throw in upper 90s ....worthless doesn't fit this Athlete .
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 03-17-2018 at 08:02 PM.

I need a break ...seems like I'm always defending Swihart and we are not related or am I on the payroll...Every one here is fantastic fans with valid views see you here at the start of the season ...I'm self banning myself from here a couple weeks ...Moon,Notin ,Harmony ,Bellhorn and the rest Thankyou for all the insight on our team.

lol!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Worthless ?? Huh ? A Ransom of what Groome ,Chavis and a filler piece ? Oh I think we have plenty if we want to get a Catcher that's is as good as you say "Ransom" ....We have a Ransom.I don't watch many Marlin games but this kid seems like a hell of a player from every account ....How about Vaz ,Groome for this kid ? We have plenty of pieces ...and hey Blake is far from Worthless compared to Mike Trout he's still not Worthless ...JBJ keeps hitting like he has Mookie will be manning CF and you will get a chance to watch who you think is worthless...if Leon falters a nuts hair you will see mr worthless ...if Nunez falters filling in at second again Mr worthless ...in extra innings with no pitchers left ...you get to see mr worthless throw in upper 90s ....worthless doesn't fit this Athlete .
    The Marlins were asking the Nationals for Victor Robles (BA top 5 prospect) for Realmuto. Groome and Chavis were both over 80....

Now look. You scared him off.

Jesus.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

The Marlins were asking the Nationals for Victor Robles (BA top 5 prospect) for Realmuto. Groome and Chavis were both over 80....
    Yeah, Swihart is untradeable, cause he's so good, but we can get JT for peanuts.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yeah, Swihart is untradeable, cause he's so good, but we can get JT for peanuts.
    Moon - come on - I do like reading your posts and am sure glad that we have a poster here who just keeps it going but really who has said that Swihart or anybody else on this team is untradeable? I don't think that that is the point anyone is making so what is the rush? I sense panic in posters here for sure but not in the Red Sox management team.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Moon - come on - I do like reading your posts and am sure glad that we have a poster here who just keeps it going but really who has said that Swihart or anybody else on this team is untradeable? I don't think that that is the point anyone is making so what is the rush? I sense panic in posters here for sure but not in the Red Sox management team.
    No panic in the Red Sox management team as of now, but they are not beyond panicking. They've done it more than once in recent years, which is part of the reason that Swihart is in the situation that he's in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    No panic in the Red Sox management team as of now, but they are not beyond panicking. They've done it more than once in recent years, which is part of the reason that Swihart is in the situation that he's in today.
    Are you blaming Swihart's setback on them trying him in left field?

Couldn't it be that they've had strong doubts about his defensive abilities at catcher all along and wanted to give him a shot at another position?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Are you blaming Swihart's setback on them trying him in left field?

Couldn't it be that they've had strong doubts about his defensive abilities at catcher all along and wanted to give him a shot at another position?
    It was stupid at the time. They thought his bat was elite, yet almost all of his SR's had him as a high average, middling power hitter with developing patience. He wasn't an offensive juggernaut hence moving him off position before they even saw what they had there was really stupid. Swihart needed another year or two to become a big league level catcher. Heck, Jorge Posada caught for over a decade and he was clearly not great. He just learned how to catch well enough to make his bat overcome his deficiencies. I believe that was the case with Swihart. He'd be a minus defender with enough of a plus offensively for the position to make him an above average regular. Instead, they moved him to a position where offense is a premium and even if he turned into a good LFer, his bat would have been a minus. I'd get it if they moved him to 3b or 2b and saw if his bat plus defensive development maximize his value, but moving him to LF was just dumb. I honestly think the sox have demolished Blake Swihart's future and I think Blake would be better off being dealt to SD or to Atlanta and effectively having an MLB internship as a catcher
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I disagee - a panic move would be one that did not appear necessary. That move did . The only panic I see comes from posters here.