Register now to remove this ad

Page 80 of 410 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 6142

Thread: 2017/18 Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Looks like a deal has been made on the ohtani situation. We should start to see the dominos falling any day now!

I think we should investigate trading for pavel smith. His path is blocked by goldsmith.
    Ohtani can be posted Dec 1st.

He may not be the first domino to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Ohtani can be posted Dec 1st.

He may not be the first domino to fall.
    I keep thinking Martinez will be the first domino to fall, but maybe someone makes a live connection with hosmer first.

Regardless, the longer Miami draws out the Stanton trade, the more trade partners they lose.

I keep thinking Martinez will be the first domino to fall, but maybe someone makes a live connection with hosmer first.

Regardless, the longer Miami draws out the Stanton trade, the more trade partners they lose.
    It might depend on which teams get JD Martinez, Hosmer, Moose and Santana. Teams hoping to score one of them but missing out may join in on the Stanton sweepstakes.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It might depend on which teams get JD Martinez, Hosmer, Moose and Santana. Teams hoping to score one of them but missing out may join in on the Stanton sweepstakes.
    This will be a complicated set of dealings, with age, length of contract, QO's and financial and prospect/player commitments. Hope DD plays it smartly.

Deity
    Looks like a deal has been made on the ohtani situation. We should start to see the dominos falling any day now!
    Ha
    I think we should investigate trading for pavel smith. His path is blocked by goldsmith.
    Pavin SmIth played in low A ball last year. There is no such thing as a blocked player in low A ball.

By the time Smith is ready for MLB, Goldschmidt might have moved on or Smith moved to a new position.

If the Diamondbacks thought Goldschmidt was blocking Smith, they would not have drafted him with the #7 pick last year....

Legend
    One would hope that after the Thanksgiving holiday that the Sox FO will take some action. Ohtani, relief pitching, 1st base, impact bat, possible 2nd base help, trades on any of the Sox players. Seems like there are enough opportunities that some action needs to be taken earlier rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    One would hope that after the Thanksgiving holiday that the Sox FO will take some action. Ohtani, relief pitching, 1st base, impact bat, possible 2nd base help, trades on any of the Sox players. Seems like there are enough opportunities that some action needs to be taken earlier rather than later.
    I have to keep reminding myself that the fact that nothing has happened doesn't mean that nothing is happening. I do believe that DD is working daily to find the best fit for the Sox, it's just that nothing has been finalized yet.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Pavin SmIth played in low A ball last year. There is no such thing as a blocked player in low A ball.

By the time Smith is ready for MLB, Goldschmidt might have moved on or Smith moved to a new position.

If the Diamondbacks thought Goldschmidt was blocking Smith, they would not have drafted him with the #7 pick last year....
    I might st have the wrong guy. The guy I was thinking of played at triple a, my bad!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I have to keep reminding myself that the fact that nothing has happened doesn't mean that nothing is happening. I do believe that DD is working daily to find the best fit for the Sox, it's just that nothing has been finalized yet.
    Well, dd did sign Esteban Quiroz, a left handed second baseman from the Mexican league who stands at 5' 7" and is a depth move. He played in the World tournament for Mexico. I see that as his first move of this hot stove league season.

Legend
    I might st have the wrong guy. The guy I was thinking of played at triple a, my bad!
    You probably mean Christian Walker.

The Mexican League is interesting. Some players excel over there then translate it directly into production a la Aceves from years ago. The guy will get all the chances in the world to play during ST and if he emerges as the best option, he could start until/if Pedey returns

Well, dd did sign Esteban Quiroz, a left handed second baseman from the Mexican league who stands at 5' 7" and is a depth move. He played in the World tournament for Mexico. I see that as his first move of this hot stove league season.
    ?? I'm assuming that the word that was left out of this post was "hitting", as in 'a left handed hitting second baseman'. ??
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

The 5' 7" Quiroz would fit right in with the rest of our little guys.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Lin is 5' 7" as well so he is in good company. At least they won't be uncomfortable on cross country flights.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    With the way this team is being currently built, a lot of money could be saved in uniform expense! I am finally realizing what the deal is - we do have a budget.