Register now to remove this ad

Page 126 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5015

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    WTF is "the Cliff"

Why do baseball people have to constantly make up new terms/theories/stats?

Such a simple game to be a fan of. Watch them throw, hit, run and catch.
    Oh Buddy are you in for an edification!!!!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

2018 - a realistic view of porcello.

2016 Leon handled him beautifully and the sinker has life and movement. The four seamer is high, difficult to hit and gives hitters fits. Important note: a lot of innings pitched in 2016.

2017 Leon does not want Bruce the same success as the year before, but still handles him better than Vazquez. The sinker loses it’s life and movement, causing porcello to give up a ton of meatballs. The four seamer is unpredictable and hitters lay off it waiting for a meatball. He seemed to really struggle early in the year and get better toward the end of the year. Did all the innings from 2016 leave him with a dead arm from April to August?

So my question is: what is a realistic view for 2018 for porcello? What should we expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Oh Buddy are you in for an edification!!!!
    It's a very simple term for a very simple idea for a simple game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post

2016 Leon handled him beautifully and the sinker has life and movement. The four seamer is high, difficult to hit and gives hitters fits. Important note: a lot of innings pitched in 2016.

2017 Leon does not want Bruce the same success as the year before, but still handles him better than Vazquez. The sinker loses it’s life and movement, causing porcello to give up a ton of meatballs. The four seamer is unpredictable and hitters lay off it waiting for a meatball. He seemed to really struggle early in the year and get better toward the end of the year. Did all the innings from 2016 leave him with a dead arm from April to August?

So my question is: what is a realistic view for 2018 for porcello? What should we expect.
    I'm hopeful DD and Cora develop a plan to not overuse our SP'ers.

My projection is that Porcello will perform at a level close to the midway point between 2016 & 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's a very simple term for a very simple idea for a simple game.
    Its simple. What is "the cliff"?

Find another thread, please.

All-Star
    The first rule of the cliff is that we do not talk about the cliff.

Its simple. What is "the cliff"?
    Here is a good thread to read about it and talk about it on:

http://www.talksox.com/forum/threads...ed-Sox-in-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post

All I know is he has to do a better job keeping the ball out of the fat part of the plate.

Why do baseball people have to constantly make up new terms/theories/stats?
    forget advanced metrics and stats.
    we should still base pitchers value on W-L record only.
    we should still base fielders value on errors only.
    we should still base a hitters value on batting average only.
    MAKE BASEBALL GREAT AGAIN!

or, you know....we can get on board with the fact that it's 2017.....either way.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by slasher9 View Post
    We should still base pitchers value on w-l record only.
    We should still base fielders value on errors only.
    We should still base a hitters value on batting average only.
    Make baseball great again!

Or, you know....we can get on board with the fact that it's 2017.....either way.
    lol!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    we should still base pitchers value on W-L record only.
    we should still base fielders value on errors only.
    we should still base a hitters value on batting average only.
    MAKE BASEBALL GREAT AGAIN!

or, you know....we can get on board with the fact that it's 2017.....either way.
    Maybe we could even become more fan friendly. Kind of like the Voice. Fans could vote from their cell phones for who they think could be starting on a day to day basis. Come on it is 2017, anything and everything goes right. We all need to have a greater say in what is going on here. We are in the golden age of internet information and ain't it just freaking great! Come on Slasher - no withholding any information. What do you know that we don't? Who is it posting here that works in the organization? You know we will find out.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Maybe we could even become more fan friendly. Kind of like the Voice. Fans could vote from their cell phones for who they think could be starting on a day to day basis. Come on it is 2017, anything and everything goes right. We all need to have a greater say in what is going on here. We are in the golden age of internet information and ain't it just freaking great! Come on Slasher - no withholding any information. What do you know that we don't? Who is it posting here that works in the organization? You know we will find out.
    Maybe we should just clone Mike Trout a few times and fill the lineup with GMPs

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Maybe we should just clone Mike Trout a few times and fill the lineup with GMPs
    We could do that. If you can clone your dog, anything should be possible. What's a GMP? General Medical Practitioner or something. I'm one of those old school guys who is stupid.

I'm thinking though you might be on to something for futuristic fans with the cloning concept.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I'm one of those old school guys who is stupid.

you are old school. you are NOT stupid.
    other names i have posted under: none