Register now to remove this ad

Page 27 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1349

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part I

  1. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    No one should hold Porcello's 2016 season against him. But his 2015 and 2017 seasons were certainly big disappointments.
    Porcello had a decent 2nd half in 2015.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  2. #392
    Top Free Agents this Winter

    1B/DH:
    Santana
    Hosmer
    Duda
    Morrison
    Alonso
    Moreland

    OF or DH:
    JD Martinez
    *J Upton
    L Cain
    C Gonzalez
    J Bruce
    M Cabrera
    C Rasmus
    J Werth
    C Beltran
    J Jaso

    3B:
    Moustakas
    E Nunez
    T Frazier
    T Plouffe

    SP'ers:
    Arrieta
    Darvish
    Cobb
    *Tanaka
    *Cueto
    W-Y Chen
    Estrada
    Sabathia

    2B:
    N Walker
    H Kendrick
    D Espinosa
    B Lawrie
    B Phillips

    SS:
    Z Cozart
    A Escobar
    *JJ Hardy

    Catcher:
    Lucroy
    C Ruiz
    W Castillo

    RP'ers:
    W Davis
    J McGee
    B Shaw
    T Watson



  3. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Porcello had a decent 2nd half in 2015.
    Too little too late though.

  4. #394
    From 2014 to 2016, Rick placed...

    24th in WAR (9.6)
    28th in WHIP (1.18)
    38th in ERA- (91)

    While those numbers were largely driven by 2016, his overall 3 year numbers look pretty decent...maybe not Cy Young worthy, but not too bad either.

    2014-2017: (150 qualifying SP'ers)

    24th in WAR (11.7)
    56th ERA- (94)

    Note: other Sox pitchers (2014-2017 ERA- rankings

    6. Sale 72
    19. Pom 80
    20. Price 80
    56. Porc 94
    66. ERod 97


  5. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    From 2014 to 2016, Rick placed...

    24th in WAR (9.6)
    28th in WHIP (1.18)
    38th in ERA- (91)

    While those numbers were largely driven by 2016, his overall 3 year numbers look pretty decent...maybe not Cy Young worthy, but not too bad either.

    2014-2017: (150 qualifying SP'ers)

    24th in WAR (11.7)
    56th ERA- (94)

    Note: other Sox pitchers (2014-2017 ERA- rankings

    6. Sale 72
    19. Pom 80
    20. Price 80
    56. Porc 94
    66. ERod 97

    Where'd Lackey rank 2014-2016?

  6. #396
    why not this:
    Stanton LF

    this needs to happen.
    other names i have posted under: none

  7. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    why not this:
    Stanton LF

    this needs to happen.
    What's the trade?

    Why dump MLB talent for one guy when you can get a FA that would approximate his value?
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  8. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    why not this:
    Stanton LF

    this needs to happen.
    Considering the cost - it almost certainly does not need to happen. Bogaerts without some concrete proof that last year was injury related (my guess) ain't going to be a centerpiece for that deal. Betts is a better player than Stanton. Bradley is a good player but clearly not a match (and he's Stanton's age basically). Benintendi and Devers - you don't want to give up the production:cost control there.

  9. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What's the trade?

    Why dump MLB talent for one guy when you can get a FA that would approximate his value?
    Benintendi.
    IMO none of the FA choices come close to what Stanton would bring to the Red Sox.
    Stanton is my unicorn.
    other names i have posted under: none

  10. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Considering the cost - it almost certainly does not need to happen. Bogaerts without some concrete proof that last year was injury related (my guess) ain't going to be a centerpiece for that deal. Betts is a better player than Stanton. Bradley is a good player but clearly not a match (and he's Stanton's age basically). Benintendi and Devers - you don't want to give up the production:cost control there.
    Benintendi is what it would take to get it done. and i would do it. in a second.
    other names i have posted under: none

  11. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Benintendi is what it would take to get it done. and i would do it. in a second.
    Benintendi would be a starting point ...

  12. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Benintendi would be a starting point ...
    Right, if it was just Beni for Stanton, everyone would do it. The trade would be Beni plus ERod plus two more guys at least (Groome and Chavis?).

    Stanton is great, but JD is available for just cash.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  13. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Right, if it was just Beni for Stanton, everyone would do it. The trade would be Beni plus ERod plus two more guys at least (Groome and Chavis?).

    Stanton is great, but JD is available for just cash.
    I'd do your 4 for 1 deal in a heartbeat. You're talking about 60 freakin home runs. We have no idea Groome and Chavis will be in the majors. E Rod is replaceable.

  14. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Where'd Lackey rank 2014-2016?
    29th in WAR, but he was only under our control through 2015 not 2016.

    He ranked 46th from 2010-2015. 91st in ERA- at 99.

    2014-2015 alone:
    28th in WAR
    21st in ERA- at 85


  15. #405
    It's hard to know what it will take to get Stanton.

    There's only a few teams that can afford him.

    His $25M luxury tax cost is better than his actual cost, so he may be worth more to the handful of teams that are straddling the line or going over in the next few years.

    JD Martinez is not really comparable to Stanton, but he only costs money and for less years, too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •