Register now to remove this ad

Page 151 of 335 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5015

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Good luck hitting anything through the left side of that infield...
    Was it too absurd to picture this?

3B Bogey
    SS Cozart
    2B Pedey
    1B Devers/HRam
    DH HRam/Devers

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

3B Bogey
    SS Cozart
    2B Pedey
    1B Devers/HRam
    DH HRam/Devers
    Hasn’t bogey already proven to struggle at third?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Hasn’t bogey already proven to struggle at third?
    Hasn't he already proven he struggles at SS and is actually getting worse?

Cozart would have been a huge upgrade at SS defense, which has much greater value than 3B.

Plus, Bogey looked fine at 3B in 2013, but not so good in 2014. Either Bogey is better than Devers at 3B on defense. That's a second defensive plus to our D.
    Devers at 1B would be a downgrade, at least until he adjusts. He could also DH with HRam at 1B, if he sucks there.

Deity

3B Bogey
    SS Cozart
    2B Pedey
    1B Devers/HRam
    DH HRam/Devers
    The simpler re-arrangement is just to bump Bogaerts directly to 1B. It's not as if he likes 3B anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The simpler re-arrangement is just to bump Bogaerts directly to 1B. It's not as if he likes 3B anyway.
    I'm sure he likes it better than 1B.

Besides, Bogey >> Devers at 3B on D.

Deity
    I'm sure he likes it better than 1B.

Besides, Bogey >> Devers at 3B on D.
    Maybe. But we haven't seen Bogaerts at 3B since 2013.

I'm all about making as few re-arrangements as possible...

Legend

3B Bogey
    SS Cozart
    2B Pedey
    1B Devers/HRam
    DH HRam/Devers
    I am not optimistic that Pedroia can be counted on the play many more games for the Red Sox. The procedure he went through has an awful track record. His knee is shot.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I am not optimistic that Pedroia can be counted on the play many more games for the Red Sox. The procedure he went through has an awful track record. His knee is shot.
    And I have decreasing confidence in Marco Hernandez, whose maximum batted ball distance fell into the bottom five of all major leaguers with 40 or more plate appearances.

That is especially disheartening when you realize how many pitchers get 40 or more plate appearances. ...

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Hmmm, meanwhile, I wonder what great journalism the worldwide leader in sports is offering today.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cub...ockbuster-deal

Bullshit.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Pretty much. Some people who go through microfracture treatment get temporary relief (some don't), but its almost always a very short term solution. My guess is that he will need a new knee down the road.

Pretty much. Some people who go through microfracture treatment get temporary relief (some don't), but its almost always a very short term solution. My guess is that he will need a new knee down the road.
    I have loved watching the guy play for years but I suspect he will never be a regular contributor going forward.

If I'm the Sox I am looking to replace him very soon.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I'm very concerned about Pedey. I have worries Marco cannot be better than replacement level.

I do, however, feel like we should wait on finding a top quality 2Bman until we know more-- maybe mid season.

Maybe we need to keep some money available for this contingency.

I'm very concerned about Pedey. I have worries Marco cannot be better than replacement level.

I do, however, feel like we should wait on finding a top quality 2Bman until we know more-- maybe mid season.

Maybe we need to keep some money available for this contingency.
    I agree with all of this. I hope DD is thinking about this.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    I think that it is definitely a concern but I do have faith in the fact that Hernandez can hold the line for us right now at second. I want to see the two power bats added first - maybe just the one - and then move on to other concerns. Don't need a lot of swat from that second baseman. he just needs to provide the D. Before the keyboard is cold some stat hound is going to tell me that he a less than blah blah fielder. Sorry I won't buy it. He is a middle infielder not a third baseman. I think that there is a huge difference between the two. He isn't likely to be able to pick it like Pedroia but I wouldn't be surprised if he is just fine.