Register now to remove this ad

Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211
Results 3,151 to 3,154 of 3154

Thread: A Realistic View at 2018: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Fans will also buy tickets and tune in when the team wins with a bunch of no-names, but selling season tickets in the winter is tied to big splash sign ings.
    Absolutely. If the team is winning, fans will come to the games and they will come to love the Sandy Leons of the baseball world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I completely agree. Most fans don't follow things like the offseason, , payroll, CBA penalties, etc. closely enough to know any better.
    Exactly.

Even members of the media have their heads up their asses sometimes.

Yesterday Chad Finn from the Globe made a stupid statement about the Sox payroll being so screwed up that they could not sign a top starting pitcher.

Of course I had to correct him by stating almost verbatim what Moon has said regarding signing a top pitcher AND still getting a second tier power bat like Morrison or Duda.

The prick must have known he was wrong because he did not respond. Usually he responds to my provocations!

He had no chance in this one as I posted all the cap info I had gleaned from Moon.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Exactly.

Even members of the media have their heads up their asses sometimes.

Yesterday Chad Finn from the Globe made a stupid statement about the Sox payroll being so screwed up that they could not sign a top starting pitcher.

Of course I had to correct him by stating almost verbatim what Moon has said regarding signing a top pitcher AND still getting a second tier power bat like Morrison or Duda.

The prick must have known he was wrong because he did not respond. Usually he responds to my provocations!

He had no chance in this one as I posted all the cap info I had gleaned from Moon.
    Surely, if we can afford JD, we can afford a solid pitcher and someone like Duda. Morrison might be a bit too expensive, depending on which pitcher we get, but it looks like we could get Darvish & Duda or Cobb (or Lynn) & Morrison for what it appears JD might get.

Doing this might also allow us to trade ERod mid season, if our rotation looks healthy and we have a big need somewhere (2B? Clean-up?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Absolutely. If the team is winning, fans will come to the games and they will come to love the Sandy Leons of the baseball world.
    That's the way it should work, but NESN ratings have been dropping even with the team winning the division 2 years in a row. Hopefully the team will be a little more fun to watch with Cora as manager.