Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: JF Fired, New Thread, Please see new link

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Except DD has said he wants someone with managerial experience and Cora doesn’t have that
    That's not the exact quote tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Except DD has said he wants someone with managerial experience and Cora doesn’t have that
    Manager/general manager in winter ball. Which counts every bit as much as managing in the minors (for instance). Has also done television - which doesn't hurt given the importance the media facing part of the gig has.

All-Star
    I believe Dombrowski said there had to be prior coaching experience, not necessarily managerial. Cora has managed in Puerto Rico in addition to obviously coaching on a major league staff.

So DeMarlo Hale is still at least a distant possibility.

I still think he'll make a good manager. He's a veteran bench coach and one of the best 3B coaches we ever had.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    So DeMarlo Hale is still at least a distant possibility.

I still think he'll make a good manager. He's a veteran bench coach and one of the best 3B coaches we ever had.
    I would not be surprised at all that if Cora gets hired he and dd identified Hale to come back here as a bench coach

@LasMayores

Según varias fuentes, @ac13alex será presentado formalmente como dirigente de los @RedSoxBeisbol luego de que culmine la SCLA. #LasMayores

Get hyped.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @LasMayores

Según varias fuentes, @ac13alex será presentado formalmente como dirigente de los @RedSoxBeisbol luego de que culmine la SCLA. #LasMayores

Get hyped.
    I give this my all-important seal of approval.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-...ir-new-manager

Industry sources continue to expect Astros bench coach Alex Cora will be the Sox’ pick. No offer had been officially made as of midday Wednesday, one source close to the situation said. But the belief is such an offer waits out of respect to the Astros-Yankees ALCS that can end no later than Saturday if the series goes a full seven games.

“Not a doubt it is him,” the source said.

Sunday and Monday would both be off days ahead of the Tuesday night start of the World Series. That leads to the potential for at least a Red Sox announcement of Cora, if not a press conference, before the Fall Classic begins. (If the Astros advance to the World Series, it may be harder to have Cora in Boston for any length of time.)

Awesome.
    other names i have posted under: none