Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs Houston ALCS

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Pathetic showing for this Astros offense. Three goddamn hits.
    They're getting destroyed. Dodgers vs Yankees WS? Wouldn't the Yankees even have home field advantage in that series?

Deity
    Astros basically hoping that going back to Houston will give them the energy to try and push this series to a game 7.

We are rolling now. Judge and Sanchez have awoken.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Astros basically hoping that going back to Houston will give them the energy to try and push this series to a game 7.
    Verlander gives them a chance but the way these three games have gone, I doubt they win both. They HAD to hold on and win yesterday.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

The Yankees Win

Let's see if we can get to Verlander on Friday

The Yankees won again...... I'm gonna hide for a while

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    So now might be a good time to revisit and debate the concept of "Home field advantage" because the lesser team has 3 of the first 5 games. I know they want to limit travel, but is it worth it to switch to 2-2-1-1-1?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I'm not concerned yet. While the Yankees are now 6-0 at home, there are no more home game in this series. Yes, they only have 1 road win in the playoffs, but it was Game 5 in Cleveland. On the contrary, Houston is 4-0 at home in October. I like those odds. Joe Buck will be out of breath by Saturday night
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm not concerned yet. While the Yankees are now 6-0 at home, there are no more home game in this series. Yes, they only have 1 road win in the playoffs, but it was Game 5 in Cleveland. On the contrary, Houston is 4-0 at home in October. I like those odds. Joe Buck will be out of breath by Saturday night
    Yeah he really is working hard bag lapping things Yankee.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Our run differential is +12 in the series and we lost twice. Our pitching has been absolutely magnificent. Verlander won’t be as good as he was last time out, so the Stros better bring their sticks and their relief arms if they plan to see game 7. What a series. This Yankees team is special. Shades of 96 all over again

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Our run differential is +12 in the series and we lost twice. Our pitching has been absolutely magnificent. Verlander won’t be as good as he was last time out, so the Stros better bring their sticks and their relief arms if they plan to see game 7. What a series. This Yankees team is special. Shades of 96 all over again
    I understand your enthusiasm and the Yankees are playing well.

But how can you say that Verlander won't do as well?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

So I should expect Verlander to go 9IP and 1ER again? We usually hit Verlander

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I understand your enthusiasm and the Yankees are playing well.

But how can you say that Verlander won't do as well?
    He also said the Yanks "can't hit Keuchel."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So I should expect Verlander to go 9IP and 1ER again? We usually hit Verlander
    He is on a tremendous run.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    So now might be a good time to revisit and debate the concept of "Home field advantage" because the lesser team has 3 of the first 5 games. I know they want to limit travel, but is it worth it to switch to 2-2-1-1-1?
    I'm fine with 2-2-1-1-1, but no day off between all the single games.

Play game 4 and 5 in the afternoon and game 6 and 7 at night. (No day off between 5 and 6)