Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 297

Thread: Yankees vs Houston ALCS

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Wouldn't shock me if the stankees are in the World Series. I hope not.
    The high and the roll the Yankees are on from winning a huge wild card game against Minnesota, and then beating the 2nd best team in the league..... It wouldn't shock me in the least to see them give Houston a hell of a series. Should be a good one.

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Tanaka's effectiveness is determined by the alignment of the Aries constellation in relation to the total solar output of our Sun. Based on my calculations, he will pitch anywhere from 1-7 innings and give up no less than 1 run and no more than 8.
    You are quite the Proctologist!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Tanaka's effectiveness is determined by the alignment of the Aries constellation in relation to the total solar output of our Sun. Based on my calculations, he will pitch anywhere from 1-7 innings and give up no less than 1 run and no more than 8.
    You have a good sense of humor for a Yankee fan.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I know this is way too much to hope for, but if the Astros could beat them 22-0 in Game 1 that would be more awesome than can be conveyed by mere words.

    I'd settle for an Astros sweep, though.
    I would be ok with that. Yankees have made it further than I am comfortable with. I can't see a sweep unfortunately but even if they lost 4 games to 1 I would be ok with that.

  5. #20
    We will know early. If Tanaka has his splitter, then we are good. If it is hanging, he’ll have trouble getting 3 outs

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I would be ok with that. Yankees have made it further than I am comfortable with. I can't see a sweep unfortunately but even if they lost 4 games to 1 I would be ok with that.
    I just got a bad feeling about this series for the astros. Our pitching made them look like world beaters.

  7. #22
    So far Tanaka has looked good, avoiding those dreaded Porcellos
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  8. #23
    The umpire is awful. He is giving a LOT of space low and that is good for both pitchers
    The rebuild is complete.

  9. #24
    94 for Tanaka. He has some life to the fastball tonight.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I just got a bad feeling about this series for the astros. Our pitching made them look like world beaters.
    It was too easy for their hitter in the ALDS.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  11. #26
    Keuchel owns us
    The rebuild is complete.

  12. #27
    I'm afraid to even check the score, can't deal with the chance of the Yankees winning.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #28
    We've started to make some good contact this inning
    The rebuild is complete.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Keuchel owns us
    He's also leading the league in facial hair.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #30
    just missed. Shit
    The rebuild is complete.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •