Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Stanton was a salary dump. This is different. The Orioles don't have to do anything. Orioles are not stupid to give their best player for an old player.
    Angelos won't trade with the Yankees directly anyway. Would take a multi-team trade for the Yankees to end up with Machado. My guess is Machado goes to the Cardinals.
    My friends and contacts list is empty - No Shit - I'm a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    As much as I hate the Yankess, Cashman is doing an unbelievable job building a top contender, a strong farm and an under luxury tax limit team.
    Cashman is doing a great job. Very Theo-esque. I always felt that if Cashman could get out of the death grip of George and Levine, he would do a good job. I don't like it one bit, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by BudLight View Post
    Angelos won't trade with the Yankees directly anyway. Would take a multi-team trade for the Yankees to end up with Machado. My guess is Machado goes to the Cardinals.
    It wouldn't make much sense for any team to trade for him if it's going to cost top prospects when they can get him for just money next year.

Why the heck would you deal two major SP prospects for Machado when you can get him without a trade next year

BTW, we dumped Headley and a guy we were going to DFA for full salary relief? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Stanton was a salary dump. This is different. The Orioles don't have to do anything. Orioles are not stupid to give their best player for an old player.
    The Orioles can lose him for nothing after the season. There is no way they are getting Torres for Machado when the Yankees could just sign him after the season.

Look who the Yanks got for one year or less of some of their ex-players.

Why wouldn't the O's get a nice haul for Machado?

A team trading for Machado now would most likely want a window to sign him long term . Would Machado be open to that ?Doubtful , but maybe for the Yankees he might. I just don't see it happening. We may be getting paranoid now.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    BTW, we dumped Headley and a guy we were going to DFA for full salary relief? Wow
    Yeah I mean I know headley isn't a stud, but I wanted to get something for him... a one year 13 million deal isn't bad for him at all.

I'm reading on twitter that the Yankees are going after a deal around Ellsbury, Betances, and Warren for Grienke and cash. I'd have to be some serious cash coming back though for me to like it or Jake Lamb in the deal too.

The Headley deal tells me he has something else coming. It tells me he had to drop money, otherwise what’s the point? He used a guy who was out of options and wasn’t making the team barring injury to pair with him to dump the salary. With Castro’s $8 mil AAV and Headley’s $13 mil AAV, we’ve almost completely offset the Stanton acquisition ($25 mil AAV - 3 mil per year) financially. We’ve got something like $25 mil to play with right now and that’s before we try to dump Ellsbury. Something else is coming or he wouldn’t have needed to that

Right now, they won’t get a phenomenal haul since there’s no truly desperate team. We got an insane haul for Chapman because the Cubs were desperate to win and needed a closer badly at the deadline. You have to remember, Machado is coming off a down year. If the O’s are expecting to get a haul for 2016 Machado, they’re sorely mistaken. My anticipation is the O’s do deal him. I think the ALE balance of power is so tilted to NYY and BOS that the other teams will not try to build up to overtake them. But I think you’ll be surprised at how little the O’s get for him

Right now, they won’t get a phenomenal haul since there’s no truly desperate team. We got an insane haul for Chapman because the Cubs were desperate to win and needed a closer badly at the deadline. You have to remember, Machado is coming off a down year. If the O’s are expecting to get a haul for 2016 Machado, they’re sorely mistaken. My anticipation is the O’s do deal him. I think the ALE balance of power is so tilted to NYY and BOS that the other teams will not try to build up to overtake them. But I think you’ll be surprised at how little the O’s get for him
    I disagree. GMs do not look at just the most recent season.

GMs are desperate for a hitter like Machado who is a plus defender at 3B or SS.

He's worth more than any player the Yanks traded-- not even close.

It's not like his expected $16M arb is like Stanton's contract.

In his "off year", he still hit 33 HRs .

I’m aware he will return more than Stanton did. I just think he’d return less than what we got for Chapman

I’m aware he will return more than Stanton did. I just think he’d return less than what we got for Chapman
    Well, looking at the Chapman trade in hindsight makes it look a little better than at the time.

I realize the Cubs were very desperate, and your point is well taken, but a full year of a GG, 30+ HR SS or 3Bman has immense value.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Yeah I mean I know headley isn't a stud, but I wanted to get something for him... a one year 13 million deal isn't bad for him at all.

I'm reading on twitter that the Yankees are going after a deal around Ellsbury, Betances, and Warren for Grienke and cash. I'd have to be some serious cash coming back though for me to like it or Jake Lamb in the deal too.
    While Grienke would be a great addition to the pitching staff it has been questioned in the past if he could stand up mentally to pressures of pitching in New York.
    My friends and contacts list is empty - No Shit - I'm a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum!!