Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

  1. #61
    Red Sox:
    1. Hosmer (7/150) wtf???

    I will literally puke, if we sign Hosmer.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Red Sox:
    1. Hosmer (7/150) wtf???

    I will literally puke, if we sign Hosmer.
    That Hosmer deal would be horrendous. He is a good player but I am against long term contracts like that, especially for someone like Hosmer whose had an absurdly inconsistent career.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    That Hosmer deal would be horrendous. He is a good player but I am against long term contracts like that, especially for someone like Hosmer whose had an absurdly inconsistent career.
    I don't really have anything against signing Hosmer for the right deal, but 7/150 is crazy talk. Add to that the fact that he has a QO attached to him, and that's double crazy talk.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Red Sox:
    1. Hosmer (7/150) wtf???

    I will literally puke, if we sign Hosmer.
    I'll puke if they sign either Royal to a big contract. Big to me is over 3/39.

    Neither player represents a significant ENOUGH upgrade to warrant that kind of commitment. It would be doing the same stupid shit they did with both Fatboy and The Sloth.

    Waste of resources that will hinder roster construction even further. If DD signs either of those two I will lose faith in his ability to do the job he was hired to do.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Red Sox:
    1. Hosmer (7/150) wtf???

    I will literally puke, if we sign Hosmer.
    I bet you will, I started looking at some FA predictions and the money for Hosmer is in that ballpark another site said something like 6/135, crazy high for a player like him.

    In the other hand, if this is what he will get, how much for JD?? at least something similar

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Free agent predictions:

    NY Post

    Yankees:
    1. Otani
    2. CC (1yr/12M)

    Red Sox:
    1. Hosmer (7/150) wtf???

    This is not the first time I see this Hosmer rumor, what really got my attention is the $$$
    Right, NY Post, that bastion of baseball knowledge.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #67
    I think the Yankees will make some 40 man roster crunch trades come this GM meetings. I think two trades come down before the deadline. We'll still lose some good talent though.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Right, NY Post, that bastion of baseball knowledge.
    the problem is that not only the post, MLBTR also has Hosmer with 6/135 or something like that

    MLBTR has JD to the sox for 6/150, how do you like that?

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post

    MLBTR has JD to the sox for 6/150, how do you like that?
    Better than I like JD at $200mil.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Better than I like JD at $200mil.
    Still too much, don't you think?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Red Sox:
    1. Hosmer (7/150) wtf???

    I will literally puke, if we sign Hosmer.
    Especially at that price. Ugh.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #72
    Getting back to Yankee stuff...

    There is a growing sentiment that the Yankees will land Otani. With the Yankees able to offer the second highest amount of cash plus with NY having both a hole at DH and 5th starter, Otani figures to want to play both ways and based upon the fact that he is coming out two years prior to being able to land a 9 figure guarantee, there is more than just money on his mind. From the sounds of it, the Japanese player loves the spotlight and what better place to take the spotlight than NYC.

    Robby Thomson interviewed for the manager position. He is probably not getting the job as more guys will funnel in. There will be many other candidates and with the Yankees being the only team currently looking for a manager, they don't have to rush into the decision. Things should pick up once the AFL ends as one of their candidates is the Scottsdale Scorpions manager Jay Bell. Cashman stated that he wants someone who is analytical and will connect more with the young core of the team. Rumor has it that Girardi clashed with 2 Hispanic players in 2017, both of whom lost their positions for a bit (Gary Sanchez and Aroldis Chapman). An unnamed former player had said that Girardi's uber serious demeanor would grate on the players over time and made the clubhouse more robotic. In a sense, they're looking to have a little more fun. Either way, it is a desirable job for sure and Cashman will take his time. He's only had one managerial change in his soon to be 20 year tenure, and that was a decade ago.

    There has been little to no news on the FA or trade front, which is pretty much status quo for Cashman. For a guy operating in the largest market in baseball, he somehow has kept a tight lid on accurate rumors coming out of his camp excepting the summer chase to get Sonny Gray.
    The rebuild is complete.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Robby Thomson interviewed for the manager position. He is probably not getting the job as more guys will funnel in. There will be many other candidates and with the Yankees being the only team currently looking for a manager, they don't have to rush into the decision. Things should pick up once the AFL ends as one of their candidates is the Scottsdale Scorpions manager Jay Bell. Cashman stated that he wants someone who is analytical and will connect more with the young core of the team. Rumor has it that Girardi clashed with 2 Hispanic players in 2017, both of whom lost their positions for a bit (Gary Sanchez and Aroldis Chapman). An unnamed former player had said that Girardi's uber serious demeanor would grate on the players over time and made the clubhouse more robotic. In a sense, they're looking to have a little more fun. Either way, it is a desirable job for sure and Cashman will take his time. He's only had one managerial change in his soon to be 20 year tenure, and that was a decade ago.
    And now that you mention it, there was that little social media incident after Game 2 of the ALDS with Chapman appearing to be in favor of Joe's firing.

  14. #74
    Sherman suggests, "2. Yankees send Starlin Castro, Tyler Austin and Luis Cessa to the Giants for Joe Panik."

    http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/

    Not bad, I think I'd do that trade.

  15. #75
    I dont have a problem with giving those three up, but Im not sure why wed deal a 2 WAR player plus for another 2 WAR player. Panek is what he is. Hes a good enough hitter who plays really good D. Castro is a very good to great hitter for the position who plays terrible D. Id deal off Castro to pave the way for Torres, but Id almost rather see us use a Castro deal to get something big

    Over at another site, an insider was talking about a sneaking suspicion of the Yankees making an out of left field blockbuster. They have the prospects to get it done. We have a 40 man crunch coming with multiple guys guaranteed to be picked in the Rule 5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •