Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Still not trading Torres or Florial, those two are my untouchables. I can live without Shefield, Adams even Andujar, but not the first two.
    Untouchables. Such a silly notion. They are all long shots, every last one of them. So much can go wrong to derail them. One of our untouchables from last year is dead and our #1 prospect a few short years ago is living with a surgically damaged brain. There are no sure things. Prospects that are 3+ years away are something that I don't invest my fan hopes in.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Untouchables. Such a silly notion. They are all long shots, every last one of them. So much can go wrong to derail them. One of our untouchables from last year is dead and our #1 prospect a few short years ago is living with a surgically damaged brain. There are no sure things. Prospects that are 3+ years away are something that I don't invest my fan hopes in.
    While I agree with you that prospects which are 3+ years away are a long shot, this is not the case for the prospects I mentioned:
    Andujar & Adams are ML ready
    Torres is less than a season away
    Sheffield is 1 yr or less away
    Florial is the one a little far but he will be ready before the end of 2019

None is a sure thing but those are the prospect you have to bet your future on, the other option is to keep overpaying for FA already past their prime.

But if Madison Bumgarner becomes available, all hands on deck, everybody should be available; the same thing DD did to land Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    While I agree with you that prospects which are 3+ years away are a long shot, this is not the case for the prospects I mentioned:
    Andujar & Adams are ML ready
    Torres is less than a season away
    Sheffield is 1 yr or less away
    Florial is the one a little far but he will be ready before the end of 2019

None is a sure thing but those are the prospect you have to bet your future on, the other option is to keep overpaying for FA already past their prime.

But if Madison Bumgarner becomes available, all hands on deck, everybody should be available; the same thing DD did to land Sale
    The good GMs know which prospects to keep and the rest should be trading chips to maximize their value.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star
    Reports are out there that a deal if close that would send Cole to the Yankees without them giving up Florial or Torres(D'uh). Hopefully it's just Frazier and someone like Solak for Cole. I guess I could live with that. I used to be a big Cole fan.

We literally don’t have room for all the solid prospects we have. When we got Stanton, we essentially blocked Frazier. While we shouldn’t just give him away, it makes sense to move him now. The Pirates can suck it if they want Gleyber for 2 yrs of Cole. But I can get behind Frazier and Acevedo of Frazier and Adams for Cole

Legend
    Huntington is a slick GM, reason why he is getting rid of Pitcher so young with a team that has no Pitching. Buyer beware for me.
    Cashman has to wait, drop the price to his liking, if not move on.

Cash isn’t being sold a bill of goods. Cole is a dynamic pitcher who can lead a rotation when healthy. Thing is, the Pirates are going on a rebuild and Cole is under control for 2 seasons. No point in keeping him

It looks like the Pirates stopped asking for Torres to be included in the deal for Cole, still want Frazier, Adams and probably Andujar

I hope they don't give up Andujar he could be the 3B of the future for the Yankees, I don't mind giving up one of the big upside pitchers in the lower minors instead of him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3715282

Legend
    As a Sox Fan, I hope you Trade Andujar. saw him play in Double AA. Minor Leaguers who don't strike out much, always a good sign.

I like Andujar. I don’t want him dealt. I’d be okay with dealing any of the pitchers not named Justus Sheffield. I would like to keep all of them, but there’s no room for all and I get that deals need to be made. I’d stand by a Frazier, pitcher, and lower level prospect. That’s better than anyone else will send. If they don’t like it, we can use that same package to nab an elite arm at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    As a Sox Fan, I hope you Trade Andujar. saw him play in Double AA. Minor Leaguers who don't strike out much, always a good sign.
    I agree, he might not have a high ceiling but he can be a ML regular for years

But, unfortunately, I have the feeling he will be included in the deal, the Bucs really need IF help and this guy is ML ready

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I like Andujar. I don’t want him dealt. I’d be okay with dealing any of the pitchers not named Justus Sheffield. I would like to keep all of them, but there’s no room for all and I get that deals need to be made. I’d stand by a Frazier, pitcher, and lower level prospect. That’s better than anyone else will send. If they don’t like it, we can use that same package to nab an elite arm at the deadline
    I don't want them to trade Andujar either, but as long as they don't deal Sheffield or Freicer Perez, any other pitcher in the minors is fair game

Sherman's trade proposal on MLB Network - Frazier/Adams/Wade for Cole

Seems fair for me, but if you add Sheffield you could get Archer from the rays

Things are still in a holding pattern. It is funny, the guys more attributed to Yankee news are saying things are cold and the national guys are reporting that a deal is imminent.
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Honestly, I switch to Danny Duffy if the Yakees scout like him enough. Forget Cole. I hope we make two more trades, buy low types. One for Profar and another sending maybe buying low on a propsect. Of course also sending Ellsbury off to the Giants too..

Triple-A team looks pretty stacked though

Cessa
    Adams
    Acevedo
    Sheffield
    Free agent veteran

Higgy
    McKinney
    Estrada
    Wade
    3B
    Frazier