Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

Sabathia re-signed. Sounds like the Pirates asked for too much or JMont is in the deal. Either way, 2018 Yankees are loaded

Yankees are continuing with Cole negotiations. That tells me JMont and Frazier are in the deal. We shall see

Will Boras blink from 7/200 for Hosmer and Martinez?
    Sox are faced with buying now or bidding in next year's FA class alongside the Dodgers and Yanks, who are positioning themselves financially to minimize loss via tax penalty.
    What should DD do?
    If the Sox sign both players, are they conceding next year's class to rival behemoths?
    Either way, we're seeing some teams amass a wealth of talent while many others are trying to rebuild, restock.
    I expect the standings to be more polarized next year.
    I don't think that'll spell bad news for people on these boards.
    It'll be boring for fans of the losing teams, however.
    Why bother watching?
    Change the channel or change teams.
    It's expensive to go to a baseball game.
    Losing teams have to find a way to maintain ticket prices amid a disaffected fan base.

I think the Indians will be all in on this year's class.
    Boras has more than just the Sox he can pitch his FA class to.
    Indians time is now. Their window won't last forever.
    I'd love to see the Indians get one of Martinez/Hosmer.
    Be a little colder in Boston.
    But don't despair, Sox fans, I think DD will get one of the two FA's.
    The Sox need a bat.
    I hope they get one.
    Yanks need some competition.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yankonyankee View Post
    Yanks need some competition.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjbjfm6ui3c
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yankees are continuing with Cole negotiations. That tells me JMont and Frazier are in the deal. We shall see
    Cole is a douche with a chip on his shoulder after crying in public about his salary being too low. He's also not 100% reliable on the field.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Maybe he is a douche. But can he regain his low HR rate while dominating the competition in 2018. The addition of CC and the continued talks tells me Montgomery is in play. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Yankees are getting close to that lonely spot.
    Every major leaguer is rich and has had their pick.
    Whether they're happy yet, ask if the Price is right, David.
    CC Sabathia wants another ring.
    Money's not the only thing.
    But he signed for 10 million.
    That can't hurt...

Edit: Yanks are on top. 27 Championships and gunning for 28. Background information.
    Astros are on top right now, but not for long.

mlbtraderumors reports Yanks are in on Evan Longoria as another franchise seeks to liquidate.
    I'd wait on Machado. Pick him over Harper due to fielding position.

Sox have f'd up a lot. Impatience. They've seen a lot big bat talent succeed on other clubs.
    Now it's a need.
    Yanks have seen their big bats blossom on their team.

That song you linked uses 4 chords.
    Do you play guitar?

Bill Burr had a good line:
    It's our best and your best vs who ever you've got left.

Who's competitive next year?

Yanks, Astros, Angels, Red Sox, Indians, Dodgers, Cubs, and Nationals, maybe Cardinals.
    Did I miss anyone?

The rest of the teams are cannon fodder. BOMBS AWAY!!!

I can appreciate your priorities. No need to re-assess.
    But Yanks are the favorites to win the division next year.
    Last edited by yankonyankee; 12-17-2017 at 12:21 AM.

So where does the manueverings leave us in terms of lineup and bench?

C Sanchez
    1B Bird
    2B Torres
    3B Andujar
    SS Gregorius
    LF Gardner
    CF Hicks
    RF Judge
    DH Stanton
    BN Romine
    BN Ellsbury
    BN Torreyes
    BN Wade

This will probably be the position player alignment on opening day if no other moves are made. I am sure we will get some infield depth in the form of veteran retread signings, but internally we have the guys capable of fleshing our this team. Wade and Torreyes can start for a bit as well if need be if the two rookies starting aren’t ready. Either way, that’s how I think we go about the club this year

1. Severino
    2. Tanaka
    3. Gray
    4. Sabathia
    5. Montgomery
    CL Chapman
    RP Betances
    RP Robertson
    RP Kahnle
    RP Warren
    RP Shreve
    RP Green

For now, very similar to the end of last year. We have depth behind them in terms of starting and relief talent. The rotation is very good and could be elite if Tanaka continues his second half dominance which was more in line with his career numbers.

Legend
    If I were the Yanks, I would do nothing at this point, and let the season come to them. Put Andujar at 3rd base, and wait for Spring Training. There are so many injuries during Spring Training, that other Teams get desperate almost as close to the Trading Deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    If I were the Yanks, I would do nothing at this point, and let the season come to them. Put Andujar at 3rd base, and wait for Spring Training. There are so many injuries during Spring Training, that other Teams get desperate almost as close to the Trading Deadline.
    That’s essentially how Cash has worked this offseason. The Stanton deal came to him. The Padre deal was a reaction to get more cash. CC came to him. We can roll with this club and our lineup can carry a couple of rookies. But if something better falls into our lap, then great

Maybe he is a douche. But can he regain his low HR rate while dominating the competition in 2018. The addition of CC and the continued talks tells me Montgomery is in play. We shall see
    I heard they were asking for Gleyber in the trade, I doubt this trade will ever happen, unless the price is drops

I bet Cashman signed CC as a safety net, nice and cheap deal for 1 yr

We can roll with this team and be the favorites to win the division. Cashman gets to sit back and wait for anything else. If the Pirates return to NY and want Acevedo and Frazier for Cole then done. If the Pirates want to roll with Cole, then more power to him. If another arm comes available, we can roll there. Otherwise, keep the cabinet stocked and maybe sign a veteran 3b on a non guaranteed contract to compete with Andujar

I am reading that Cash is interested in Corbin still. I hope this is old news and now gone since CC signed. Corbin is a fine back end option, but he is in his final year of control and is essentially a Montgomery clone. We already have Montgomery and we have him for 5 more seasons and at least 2 more years at the minimum. This really doesn't make any sense
    Hal sucks

I know all the talk is about Harper and Machado for next year, but I think if we get the type of production Andujar and Torres can provide, I think we might be major players in the rotation. I’d like to see what a Yankees and Dodgers negotiation can get to for Kershaw

I know all the talk is about Harper and Machado for next year, but I think if we get the type of production Andujar and Torres can provide, I think we might be major players in the rotation. I’d like to see what a Yankees and Dodgers negotiation can get to for Kershaw
    What about Stanton for Kershaw straight up????

Just kidding, I know it's just dreaming, but ..... feels good to think about it