Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

Absolutely. I think he was sick of being burned by kids with $10 million arms or bats and 10 cent heads. Every system has its share of knuckleheads, but his recent drafts have seemed to shy away from those types. I think he was sick of the Heathcott/Mateo's of the world
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Absolutely. I think he was sick of being burned by kids with $10 million arms or bats and 10 cent heads. Every system has its share of knuckleheads, but his recent drafts have seemed to shy away from those types. I think he was sick of the Heathcott/Mateo's of the world
    Yes, that might be difference in the farm system, compared to previous years.

I am incredibly excited to see what this offense can do. I do hope that we end up with Torres and Andujar at the big league level and the powerful 1-7 in the lineup can carry these kids while they figure it out. I was looking at the offense one more time and the amount of power is impressive.

Gardner 20HR power
    Judge 50HR power
    Stanton 50HR power
    Sanchez 35-40HR power
    Bird 30-35 HR power
    Gregorius 25HR power
    Hicks 20-25HR power

Just the homer hitters alone from 1-7 can reasonably club 240 HR on their own let alone backups and the kids and that’s a pretty conservative estimate barring poor health. They can carry Torres if his bat is behind or Andujar even if his glove is lagging. There has never been a better time to break in rookies

Sounds like the Yankees are negotiating with Darvish. They feel they can get him under $100 mil guaranteed for a 5 year deal. If they can do it, then go for it. If that is the case, I deal off Ellsbury if I can and if not, I deal off Robertson for something of value.
    Hal sucks

Sounds like the Yankees are negotiating with Darvish. They feel they can get him under $100 mil guaranteed for a 5 year deal. If they can do it, then go for it. If that is the case, I deal off Ellsbury if I can and if not, I deal off Robertson for something of value.
    If the Yanks can get darvish for under $100M/5, the Sox should offer $105M/5, and then sign Morrison to $30M/2. That's about what JD might get combined..

If this is the case, then our rotation would be further bolstered. A rotation of

Severino
    Darvish
    Tanaka
    Gray
    Sabathia/Montgomery

That’d be dynamite

I got an idea from a different site

The Indians lost Santana and Shaw to FA, there's obviously an opening in the BP and 1B, there are talks f moving Brantley to 1B/DH duties which solves the hole left by Santana.

What about the following trade proposal?

Frazier + Betances for Danny Salazar

Frazier can fight for an OF spot and Betances can fill in for Shaw in the BP.

For the Yankees Salazar is the Depth they have been looking for in the rotation, if healthy, Salazar is electric. I would do that trade from the Yanks perspective, don't know if the Indians bite will.

I wouldn’t deal Frazier for Salazar, that’s about it. Salazar is not a pre arb player yet he’s got the worth of one for now. Insane ceiling, but can’t stay healthy and can’t find the plate

I wouldn’t deal Frazier for Salazar, that’s about it. Salazar is not a pre arb player yet he’s got the worth of one for now. Insane ceiling, but can’t stay healthy and can’t find the plate
    We have no use for Frazier right now, I understand Salazar is injury prone, but his upside is enormous.

What do you mean by "can't find the plate"?
    BB/9 SO/9 SO/BB
    Severino 2.4 10.7 4.46
    Tanaka 2.1 9.8 4.67
    Grey 3.7 8.1 2.19
    Salazar 3.8 12.7 3.34
    Cole 2.4 8.7 3.63

Those are 2017 numbers, I understand he's not in Tanaka/Severino level but he's ratio is very close to Gerrit Cole, which was our trade target not long ago.

If I'm going for a Cleveland pitcher I prefer Churrasco over Saladbar.

Anyway I know this is not something any Yankees fan wants to hear but I think the best option if they're serious about getting another SP is signing Darvish and trading Gardner to make cap room. We have a glut of OFers and nobody is gonna take on Ellsbury's contract.

The indians will not trade Carrasco he's an anchor in the rotation.

I agree abut trading Gardner over Ellsbury, as much as I love Gardner is the only doable trade involving a veteran Of for the Yanks

I deal Robertson. Our pen is loaded and spending $14 mil on a 34 yr old setup man seems redundant

I deal Robertson. Our pen is loaded and spending $14 mil on a 34 yr old setup man seems redundant
    It's not a bad idea to trade DRob, but we might need to eat some salary if the deal is with the Indians or any other low market team

Please do!

He's a money pitcher in my books.

He is. If we can get Betances back on track, though, which I think is eminently possible, it’s a redundancy that we don’t need. It’s a nice to have. Look at our pen currently.

Chapman
    Betances
    Kahnle
    Green
    Warren
    Robertson
    Shreve

And behind them we have a cavalcade of relievers with high 90s heat and a stable of starters in the minors that we could break into the bigs as relievers later in the year. If we sign Darvish for $19-$20 mil a season and we need to shed salary, then KRob has to be on the table. Clearly Ellsbury is dump #1, but if we don’t get the chance to do that, I’d look at KRob. And KRob could bring back something significant in a trade