Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 488

Thread: Stanton or Votto

  1. #316
    I'll try a crazy one.
    C: Vazquez
    1b: Abreu (acquired for Bradley and Swihart)
    2b: Yollmer Sanchez (acquired for Bradley and Swihart)
    3b: Devers
    ss: Bogaerts
    LF: JD Martinez
    CF: Benintendi
    RF: Betts
    DH: Hanley

    SP: Price , Sale, Pomeranz, Porcello, Wright
    BP: Kimbrel, Smith, Thornburg, Kelly, Barnes, Johnson, Scott
    Bench: Holt, Hernandez, Leon and Castillo

    Not my plan, but I could see something similar...

  2. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Do we even know that the Red Sox are willing to play Benintendi in CF? If I had to guess the Red Sox starting nine next year, I would go with:

    1b) Hosmer (I'm not supporting this, just saying that the rumors have been pretty clear about the Red Sox's interest).
    2b) M.Hernandez (with the C.Sale for Kopech/Moncada trade, 2b will likely be a position of weakness for the Red Sox for years to come. Thanks, Dave).
    SS) Bogaerts
    3b) Devers
    LF) Benintendi
    CF) Bradley
    RF) Betts
    C) Vazquez
    DH) Hanley

    Bench:
    Swihart (I think he is the backup C in 2018).
    Brentz
    Marrero (good friends with Hosmer, the Red Sox main target, it appears).
    Holt??? (He might not make the final 25 man roster. The Red Sox might puruse a DH/1b type instead, another bat who can DH from time to time and give them a little extra thump).

    When Pedroia returns, he could go to DH rather than 2b.
    I'm sure DD would rather keep JBJ in CF and Beni in RF, but if we acquire Stanton of JD Martinez, then trading JBJ for a SP'er might make sense.

    I'm not high on Hosmer at all. He's not the answer at clean-up. He's not a plus fielder anymore. He'll want and get 5+ years. That's too many years to commit to a marginal 1Bman- a position of usual strength and power in MLB.

    I get the trepidation on Moustakas. I get not wanting to further deplete the farm to get Stanton. I get how signing JD Martinez to 6 years, at his age, and hurting our fine OF defense or benching HRam, so he can play DH is not ideal either.

    I'm wondering, if trying to go the shortest terms possible while still getting impact-ful talent might be the way to go.

    1B Santana for 3 years
    RP Bryan Shaw for 3 years
    2B Kendrick for 1 year
    then maybe help at DH (Duda) or a mid-level SP'er (Lynn/Holland).

    I'm not sure if this is enough, but there's less risk of a 4-5 year bust.




  3. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'll try a crazy one.
    C: Vazquez
    1b: Abreu (acquired for Bradley and Swihart)
    2b: Yollmer Sanchez (acquired for Bradley and Swihart)
    3b: Devers
    ss: Bogaerts
    LF: JD Martinez
    CF: Benintendi
    RF: Betts
    DH: Hanley

    SP: Price , Sale, Pomeranz, Porcello, Wright
    BP: Kimbrel, Smith, Thornburg, Kelly, Barnes, Johnson, Scott
    Bench: Holt, Hernandez, Leon and Castillo

    Not my plan, but I could see something similar...
    3 years of JBJ for 2 years of Abreu would likely get us Yollmer, too.

    I'm just thinking why not just sign JD, Santana and Shaw and trade JBJ for a SP'er (Carrasco at $26.5M/3 with 2 options counted?).

    C: Vaz
    1B: Santana
    2B: H Kendrick>Pedey
    3B: Devers
    SS: Bogey
    LF: Martinez
    CF: Beni
    RF: Betts
    DH: HRam>Pedey

    SP: Sale, Price, Sale, Pom, Carrasco, Porcello, Wright
    RP: Kimbrel, Shaw, Smith, Kelly, Barnes, Scott, Workman, Maddox>Thornburg


  4. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    3 years of JBJ for 2 years of Abreu would likely get us Yollmer, too.

    I'm just thinking why not just sign JD, Santana and Shaw and trade JBJ for a SP'er (Carrasco at $26.5M/3 with 2 options counted?).

    C: Vaz
    1B: Santana
    2B: H Kendrick>Pedey
    3B: Devers
    SS: Bogey
    LF: Martinez
    CF: Beni
    RF: Betts
    DH: HRam>Pedey

    SP: Sale, Price, Sale, Pom, Carrasco, Porcello, Wright
    RP: Kimbrel, Shaw, Smith, Kelly, Barnes, Scott, Workman, Maddox>Thornburg

    How can you count on Kendrick and Pedey not being on the DL at the same time. Kendrick always seems to miss big chunks of every season.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  5. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    How can you count on Kendrick and Pedey not being on the DL at the same time. Kendrick always seems to miss big chunks of every season.
    I just threw his name out there. There is probably someone more dependable.

    I'm actually okay with Hernandez/Lin/marrero/Holt, as long as we fill our 2 of our other high need areas with top quality players.

  6. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Espinoza was a year younger and was doing well in long season. Groome got lit up in A ball had to be demoted, then came back and got lit up again. I wouldn't be surprised to see Groome off the top 100 radar. Espinosa was top 25
    You really don't know what you are talking about. He was injured to start the year and missed 2 months. They pushed him down to Lowell for 3 starts due to injury, not due to him getting lit up.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  7. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    you really don't know what you are talking about. He was injured to start the year and missed 2 months. They pushed him down to lowell for 3 starts due to injury, not due to him getting lit up.
    fake news!
    other names i have posted under: none

  8. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    fake news!
    The SoxProspects podcast is funded by the Russian oligarchy! Sad!
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  9. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    3 years of JBJ for 2 years of Abreu would likely get us Yollmer, too.

    I'm just thinking why not just sign JD, Santana and Shaw and trade JBJ for a SP'er (Carrasco at $26.5M/3 with 2 options counted?).

    C: Vaz
    1B: Santana
    2B: H Kendrick>Pedey
    3B: Devers
    SS: Bogey
    LF: Martinez
    CF: Beni
    RF: Betts
    DH: HRam>Pedey

    SP: Sale, Price, Sale, Pom, Carrasco, Porcello, Wright
    RP: Kimbrel, Shaw, Smith, Kelly, Barnes, Scott, Workman, Maddox>Thornburg

    I don't think JBJ will get you a pitcher like Carrasco, you will need far more than that

  10. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I don't think JBJ will get you a pitcher like Carrasco, you will need far more than that
    Maybe, but Carrasco has injury history, the Indians have an OF issue and a rare surplus of SP'ers.

  11. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Maybe, but Carrasco has injury history, the Indians have an OF issue and a rare surplus of SP'ers.
    Carrasco was one of the best pitchers in baseball this year and is under control for 3 more years. He's got too much value right now to be traded for a return of JBJ.

  12. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Carrasco was one of the best pitchers in baseball this year and is under control for 3 more years. He's got too much value right now to be traded for a return of JBJ.
    My bad. I keep confusing these two, because at one time I wanted both.

    I meant Salazar with his injury history.

    Sorry.

    Yes, Carrasco would not be offered for JBJ, Swihart and Travis.

  13. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My bad. I keep confusing these two, because at one time I wanted both.

    I meant Salazar with his injury history.

    Sorry.

    Yes, Carrasco would not be offered for JBJ, Swihart and Travis.
    There you might have a match, still think you might need to throw a mid level prospects and the Indians might listen

  14. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    There you might have a match, still think you might need to throw a mid level prospects and the Indians might listen
    They might like Travis, but they could have Ockimey, if they preferred. I'm not sure they like EE at 1B, and they are losing Santana.

    I might add Chavis, but I'd have to think about it.

  15. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Stanton wants out, wants to play for a contender. There is no evidence that Votto wants out.

    I would rather have Stanton, he is younger than Votto, but I'm skeptical the Red Sox can acquire him without giving up something like Devers or Beinintendi. Will the Marlins really move Stanton as a salary dump? If yes, I'm all in. If not, the Red Sox don't have the minor talent to acquire him.
    I agree. If you loss Devers or Benni (Two young power hitting contracts that the Sox have control of for the next 5 to 6 years) then its not hard to make the trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •