Register now to remove this ad

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanton or Votto

If Jeter deals Stanton without getting more than a few marginal prospects in return , they will probably find his body in Biscayne Bay. Some of these proposals are preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    JD is not a QO.
    Yes, I realize that.

Deity
    I like Martinez first

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    If Jeter deals Stanton without getting more than a few marginal prospects in return , they will probably find his body in Biscayne Bay. Some of these proposals are preposterous.
    Miami needs pitching! St. Louis has pitching. Square peg - square hole!

Except that Stanton has expressed a desire to play on a coast.

And really, why would Stanton okay a deal to one of the most depressing metropolitan areas in our country when he could be in a hot bed of activity like LA or NYC?

I would be very surprised if Stanton agrees to play in St Louis.

He hold all of the cards. His opportunity to grow his brand will not be nourished by being in that dreadful city.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Stanton has to realize that accepting a trade to St. Louis is going to increase his national exposure and as a member of a playoff race increase the pressure and the excitement.

All pay being the same, winning always trumps losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Stanton has to realize that accepting a trade to St. Louis is going to increase his national exposure and as a member of a playoff race increase the pressure and the excitement.

Stanton already realizes going to LA, NY or Boston will quadruple his "exposure" over going to STL. He'll also have a better chance at a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    BTW: The way Jeter handled the Conine stuff and how apparently he has not talked to Stanton at all ... ARod doesn't seem so bad.
    this really shouldnt be a surprise. Jeter is a baby bitch who always got a pass from the NY and national media. an early indication was when he threw a tantrum and refused to move off of SS for the greatest SS to ever play the game.....
    other names i have posted under: none

All-Star
    HOSMER (It;s not my money)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post

Nonsense. He can win in other organizations and St.Louis will never afford him the kind of media exposure that will make him a household name and line his pockets.

LA, NYC, Boston, and probably Chicago can do everything for the kid.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Stanton already realizes going to LA, NY or Boston will quadruple his "exposure" over going to STL. He'll also have a better chance at a ring.
    Yup.

I wonder how Pulholtz career would have gone had he been in a media mecca for most of his productive career?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post

I think he'll be safe. Jeter's entourage probably already outnumbers the number of Marlins' season ticket holders. ..

Stanton will be traded to the team who offers the most.

I seriously doubt that if Jeter thinks the best offer is not good enough, he will keep Stanton.

He'll take the best he can get.

I don't think it will be as much as some think it will be, but I've been wrong before.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Nonsense. He can win in other organizations and St.Louis will never afford him the kind of media exposure that will make him a household name and line his pockets.

LA, NYC, Boston, and probably Chicago can do everything for the kid.

He already has a contract that guarantees him $295 million over the next 10 years. Those pockets are lined and stuffed.

As for being a houselhold name, he just won MVP. I think that got him some fairly decent PR...

Deity
    Stanton will be traded to the team who offers the most.

I seriously doubt that if Jeter thinks the best offer is not good enough, he will keep Stanton.

He'll take the best he can get.

I don't think it will be as much as some think it will be, but I've been wrong before.

Reportedly, the Giants offered Joe Panik, Tyler Beede and Chris Shaw for Stanton and Dee Gordon. Beede did struggle in the PCL, but every pitcher struggles in the PCL.