Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85

Thread: Pedroia undergoes microfracture surgery

  1. #31
    Well, this will be harder to bounce back from. But hopefully it can at least stabilize things. The reality with Pedroia is that really his deal has been all about injuries. When he has been healthy, he has been almost metronomically consistent 3-5 win player. In 2014 he had his .337 OBP, which was his career worst by a significant margin - so nagging stuff and basic fluke can explain that.

    The deal made trading him hard yes - but the Red Sox were never going to get fair value for him. He meant more to Boston than to anybody else that way ... plus, as noted above - he was still really good, and a serious bargain for the production. Really riding it out was the only option.

    He's been one of the best 15-20 players in team history ... but you do have to start thinking about the end here.

  2. #32
    micro fracture for a micro man
    other names i have posted under: none

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Well, this will be harder to bounce back from. But hopefully it can at least stabilize things. The reality with Pedroia is that really his deal has been all about injuries. When he has been healthy, he has been almost metronomically consistent 3-5 win player. In 2014 he had his .337 OBP, which was his career worst by a significant margin - so nagging stuff and basic fluke can explain that.

    The deal made trading him hard yes - but the Red Sox were never going to get fair value for him. He meant more to Boston than to anybody else that way ... plus, as noted above - he was still really good, and a serious bargain for the production. Really riding it out was the only option.

    He's been one of the best 15-20 players in team history ... but you do have to start thinking about the end here.
    I have been a fan of Pedroia all these year. He will have a difficult time making back into the lineup in 2018 and probably not much chance of that happening until the all star break. He will have to assess how he feels and whether or not he can contribute. From what I have heard of him, he is not a very communicative guy and may not be able to continue on in baseball as a coach or manager when his playing days are over.

  4. #34
    Don't count Pedroia out. He'll be back, and while he won't play like he did in his prime, he will give us solid production.

    You heard it here first!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Don't count Pedroia out. He'll be back, and while he won't play like he did in his prime, he will give us solid production.

    You heard it here first!
    Sometimes surgery actually works and helps a player going forward. I'm trying to be optimistic he returns when we need him, and he can be more dependable.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Sometimes surgery actually works and helps a player going forward. I'm trying to be optimistic he returns when we need him, and he can be more dependable.
    Microfracture surgery helped Carlos Beltran.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Don't count Pedroia out. He'll be back, and while he won't play like he did in his prime, he will give us solid production.

    You heard it here first!
    This just in: he needs amputation.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    This just in: he needs amputation.
    Still, don't count him out!


  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Still, don't count him out!

    Tis only a flesh wound!
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #40
    Not quite dead yet!

  11. #41
    If there is one guy who has the mental makeup to come through mf surgery and thrive, it is pedroia.

    I am not happy that he fractured our locker room this past season, but if we get a good August through October 2018 and relatively healthy season out of the guy, that can only make us a better team!

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    If there is one guy who has the mental makeup to come through mf surgery and thrive, it is pedroia.

    I am not happy that he fractured our locker room this past season, but if we get a good August through October 2018 and relatively healthy season out of the guy, that can only make us a better team!
    Uh, yes because he's been so great at grinding through seasons and still being productive!
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Uh, yes because he's been so great at grinding through seasons and still being productive!
    His fielding has been top shelf. I would still take him over almost every other second baseman for fielding.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    His fielding has been top shelf. I would still take him over almost every other second baseman for fielding.
    You think Marrero would be a big step down?
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    You think Marrero would be a big step down?
    He can't hit his weight to start for anyone.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •