Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85

Thread: Pedroia undergoes microfracture surgery

  1. #76
    What would Minn want for Dozier ($9M/1) & Santana ($28M/2)?

    Would they add Mauer ($18M/1)?

    Is Phil Hughes a salary dump at this point at $26.4M/2?

    If yes, would taking him lessen what is asked in return?

  2. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I don't think they've updated his profile. He got more than a "cup of coffee" already.

    Either way, he's worth more than Holt.

    I'm wondering, if they'd want Hembree, who is out of options.
    Austin Maddox was taken in the same 2012 MLB draft as his University of Florida teammates: Brian Johnson and Mike Zunino.

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    What would Minn want for Dozier ($9M/1) & Santana ($28M/2)?

    Would they add Mauer ($18M/1)?

    Is Phil Hughes a salary dump at this point at $26.4M/2?

    If yes, would taking him lessen what is asked in return?
    With a solid core of young players in Byron Buxton, Jose Berrios, Miguel Sano, Jorge Polanco, Max Kepler and Eddie Rosario, the Minnesota Twins will be looking to overtake the Red Sox next year after advancing to the postseason this season.

    I don't see the Twins trading away their veterans.

    In contrast with the Red Sox, the Twins have prospects ranked No. 26, No. 29, No. 63 and No. 70 at MLB Prospect Watch:

    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=prospects

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    With a solid core of young players in Byron Buxton, Jose Berrios, Miguel Sano, Jorge Polanco, Max Kepler and Eddie Rosario, the Minnesota Twins will be looking to overtake the Red Sox next year after advancing to the postseason this season.

    I don't see the Twins trading away their veterans.

    In contrast with the Red Sox, the Twins have prospects ranked No. 26, No. 29, No. 63 and No. 70 at MLB Prospect Watch:

    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=prospects
    My guess is they will be sellers at the deadline.

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My guess is they will be sellers at the deadline.
    That's possible, although the Red Sox may be sellers as well with Craig Kimbrel, Drew Pomeranz, Joe Kelly, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Robbie Ross (and Rick Porcello, David Price and Hanley Ramirez if a market develops for them).

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    That's possible, although the Red Sox may be sellers as well with Craig Kimbrel, Drew Pomeranz, Joe Kelly, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Robbie Ross (and Rick Porcello, David Price and Hanley Ramirez if a market develops for them).
    It's true. Wouldn't that be something now?

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    A Kansas City blogger suggests a trade of Whit Merrrifield, Kelvim Herrera and Ryan Buchter for Michael Chavis, Brock Holt and Austin Maddox:

    https://kingsofkauffman.com/2017/10/...oston-red-sox/

    The nearly 29-year-old Merrifield, who posted 3.1 fWAR this year while leading the American League in stolen bases, remains under team control for five years after playing 132 of his 145 games at second base this season.

    The nearly 28-year-old Herrera, a two-time All Star reliever, remains under team control for one season at a hefty projected arbitration salary of $8.3 million.

    Buchter, a nearly 31-year-old reliever, remains under team control for five seasons.

    I suspect the KC blogger seriously overstates the trade value of Chavis and Holt. The Red Sox would likely do that deal in a heartbeat.
    I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

  8. #83
    Yes, the Sox could conceivably be sellers next July, but if I had to bet on MN or BOS to be sellers, I'll choose the Twins.

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, the Sox could conceivably be sellers next July, but if I had to bet on MN or BOS to be sellers, I'll choose the Twins.
    The Sox will not be seller next July. Guaranteed.

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will not be seller next July. Guaranteed.
    I seriously doubt it, but an injury here and there, and...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •