Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Yankees managerial search

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Watch us hire Farrell......
    I'm hoping you hire Dusty Baker.

  2. #17
    We might hire from within. ESPN reminded me of one fatal flaw. For a manager who preaches accountability to not take responsibility immediately after game 2, that was the deathknell

  3. #18
    My candidates are

    1. Al Pedrique
    2. Jay Bell

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    fuck no
    mwahahahahahahahahaha
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'm hoping you hire Dusty Baker.
    I know it's the Yankees, but let's show just a little mercy...
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #21
    Joe was reluctant to give the kids PT in 2016 until it was foisted on him. He is old school and would rather give PT to the veterans. This is a clear change in direction. They will hire someone with recent minor league experience. Id say Jay Bell (the manager of the AFL Yankee team) is the front runner with Tony Franklin (AAA SWB manager) a close 2nd

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'm hoping you hire Dusty Baker.
    LOL
    Nice!
    The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

    It works the same way for stupid."

  8. #23
    I'd like to see A-Rod manage just because it would make him the most interesting (and douchey) manager in baseball. I could see him doing really well or completely shitting the bed.

  9. #24
    Do yourselves a favor and interview DeMarlo Hale. If you're looking for new blood in the managerial game, Hale has to be one of the most experienced guys out there who's never managed, and he's lived in the AL East for most of his career. If there's a non-yankee coach out there who's intimitately familiar with who the Yankees are as an organization, it's Hale.

    I have no problem with Cora, I understand and endorse him as a good managerial candidate, but Hale is the guy I was hoping the Red Sox would hire because he's just that much more experienced as a coach. I just want to see the guy move up and see what he does with the job. He's got the seniority and the experience, I think he deserves a good look as a manager.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I'd like to see A-Rod manage just because it would make him the most interesting (and douchey) manager in baseball. I could see him doing really well or completely shitting the bed.
    Me too, but I'd like him to be the bench coach first and the jump to the big job. I believe he will be a fine manager.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Joe was reluctant to give the kids PT in 2016 until it was foisted on him. He is old school and would rather give PT to the veterans. This is a clear change in direction. They will hire someone with recent minor league experience. I’d say Jay Bell (the manager of the AFL Yankee team) is the front runner with Tony Franklin (AAA SWB manager) a close 2nd
    Vegas released the odds for the job and Thomson is leading

    Don't know where they are getting their info but they have Joe Espada in the top three ---- WTF????

    Rob Thomson: +500
    Al Pedrique: +550
    Joe Espada: +600
    Tony Pena: +750
    Kevin Long: +800
    Trey Hillman: +850
    Willie Randolph: +1000
    Pete Mackanin: +1000
    Larry Rothschild: +1000
    Raul Ibanez: +1100

    Make your bets

  12. #27
    This is a VERY desirable job. Not only is it New York, but the young base this team has means that you could be as idiotic as Farrell and still be a WS contender every year for the next 5-10 years.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  13. #28
    What's the knock on Randolph? He turned a 91 loss Mets team around in short fashion, but they slumped badly in his third season. Googling gives me Keith Hernandez insinuating that Latin players didn't like him for some reason. Whether that's true or not, there must be something against him because it took him years to get a managing gig and no one's given him a second opportunity for almost ten years now.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #29
    Cashman is looking for someone more analytically minded. He is a smart man.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Vegas released the odds for the job and Thomson is leading

    Don't know where they are getting their info but they have Joe Espada in the top three ---- WTF????

    Rob Thomson: +500
    Al Pedrique: +550
    Joe Espada: +600
    Tony Pena: +750
    Kevin Long: +800
    Trey Hillman: +850
    Willie Randolph: +1000
    Pete Mackanin: +1000
    Larry Rothschild: +1000
    Raul Ibanez: +1100

    Make your bets
    Carlos Beltran
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •