Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 81 of 81

Thread: Yankees managerial search

  1. #76
    Not sure why the Yankees or the Redsox never considered Mike Stanley as a manager. Very intelligent baseball mind with coaching experience.
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  2. #77
    Iím not sure SCM. There were lots of well respected candidates not considered. Iím not sure what the ultimate motivation was. It seemed the conventional choices were shunned for a new age approach. The undertones Iíve gleamed on Girardi seem to point towards an underlying issue with multiple players, a fair amount of them Latin. This is why I anticipated Beltran. One of the concerns I have with Boone is if any players take umbrage with some of his criticisms when he was in the media. Regardless, this isnít the typical ďsteady handĒ approach that I expected. I think Cash wants a players manager who incorporates analytics. We have the talent for sure. Who knows if this is the right move

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Not sure why the Yankees or the Redsox never considered Mike Stanley as a manager. Very intelligent baseball mind with coaching experience.
    His Wikipedia page says he's currently the assistant baseball coach at a prep school in Florida. That Mike Stanley?

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    His Wikipedia page says he's currently the assistant baseball coach at a prep school in Florida. That Mike Stanley?
    He was the bench coach for the 2002 Sox, but hasn't done much since then. I'm pretty sure that if you dangled a Butch Husky or Reggie Jefferson in front of SCM, that they'd be hired right away.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He was the bench coach for the 2002 Sox, but hasn't done much since then. I'm pretty sure that if you dangled a Butch Husky or Reggie Jefferson in front of SCM, that they'd be hired right away.
    Well, it seems like you still like men, and for your information.....I only approve of Reggie Jefferson.


    ......come to think of it, he'd probably make a decent hitting coach
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  6. #81
    Joe Girardi incorporated analytics--this is why he was called by some, "bookbinder Joe." In contrast, I never once heard Boone refer to analytics when he announced games, whereas a guy like D.Cone did this on a regular basis.

    It's funny, most of the GMs in baseball today, including Brian Cashman, devalue the role of manager. I can certainly understand that line of thinking. But what they forget to tell you is that a high school kid with basic math skills and knowledge of the game could be a competent and quality GM. It doesn't take much skill or talent.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 12-07-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •