Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81

Thread: Yankees managerial search

  1. #46
    The Yanks retained Larry Rothschild as the pitching coach before hiring a new manager.

    Hmmm....

    (Not that Larry didn't deserve the job.)

  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The other name this source has given me is Brosius.
    Just checking - is this source your ass?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    "Relax kid, we've got 162 of these games to go."

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #48
    Yankees should be the first team in MLB history to have two managers - one for home games and one for road games. Just because.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    "Relax kid, we've got 162 of these games to go."

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Just checking - is this source your ass?
    No. If I wanted to check with an ass, I would ask you.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  5. #50
    • Carlos Beltran tells Joel Sherman of the New York Post that he had a “brief conversation” with GM Brian Cashman and that he has a desire to apply his knowledge and passion for the game to a managerial role in the Majors. Beltran also indicated that he hasn’t been asked to come in for an interview, though, and Sherman suggests that the Yankees may only interview one or two additional candidates for the position, casting some doubt as to whether Beltran is truly a possibility.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #51
    It looks like Boone and Meulens are now the front runners.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  7. #52
    Wedge has to be taken seriously as well due to his solid run in Cleveland. The Yankees are looking at a similar hire to Boston's. Analytical manager who relays well with the players. They also seem to want someone young. Wedge is 49 and Meulens in 50, so they aren't exactly spring chickens but aren't exactly old either. I am surprised Brosius isn't on this list.
    The rebuild is complete.

  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Wedge has to be taken seriously as well due to his solid run in Cleveland. The Yankees are looking at a similar hire to Boston's. Analytical manager who relays well with the players. They also seem to want someone young. Wedge is 49 and Meulens in 50, so they aren't exactly spring chickens but aren't exactly old either. I am surprised Brosius isn't on this list.
    I was a business associate of Eric Wedge back in the late '90s. I met with him many times.

    He is articulate, insightful, and personable. I got to watch him teach some young players catching skills. He is very good at teaching young players.

    I have wanted the Sox to make him Manager since they axed Tito. I guess the fiasco in Seattle has somehow tarnished his reputation. Not with me. That Seattle FO was fucked.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  9. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I was a business associate of Eric Wedge back in the late '90s. I met with him many times.

    He is articulate, insightful, and personable. I got to watch him teach some young players catching skills. He is very good at teaching young players.

    I have wanted the Sox to make him Manager since they axed Tito. I guess the fiasco in Seattle has somehow tarnished his reputation. Not with me. That Seattle FO was fucked.
    What? no one ever calls a white guy articulate!
    Last edited by a700hitter; 11-28-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  10. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    What? no one ever calls a white hit articulate!
    Imagine that.

    Last night I watched Steve Kerr being interviewed. He was articulate as well.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  11. #56
    It looks like Beltran is the front runner for the job.

  12. #57
    Well hey, he’s fresh out of the game, was a great player, and can really relate with the young Hispanic core and the coming Hispanic prospects as well. Cashman must have loved his leadership while he was here for 2.5 years

  13. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Well hey, he’s fresh out of the game, was a great player, and can really relate with the young Hispanic core and the coming Hispanic prospects as well. Cashman must have loved his leadership while he was here for 2.5 years
    I like it, if he gets the job the question is who will be the bench coach, he will need somebody with experience, I like Peña, he was more than decent with Torre

  14. #59
    It looks like Thomson will be with the Philies, one less in the run for the job.

  15. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    It looks like Beltran is the front runner for the job.
    MLBTR seems to think it's between Boone and Meulens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •