Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sox Hire Tony La Russa

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Apparently if desperate dave wants to have a friend in Boston, he has to do it the old fashioned way. He has to pay tony to be his friend!!!!

What are these two old geezers going to do all day? Talk about baseball seasons of old and all the medications they are on?

ESPN recently reported overhearing a future conversation between desperate Dave and la Russa, (because everything ESPN reports is 100 percent truth.)

Tony, “hey Dave, I’ll trade you a Zoloft for one of those little blue pills.”

Desperate dave, “Tony, I do not even know what these little blue pills are for.”

Tony, “All I know is they make you feel lightheaded, like all the blood has rushed out of your head.”

Desperate dave, “well I just took two about an hour ago and I feel fine. Hey Tony, have you noticed how sexy Harold Reynolds looks now a days?”

End of ESPN story!

That laughing sound you hear now is Brian cashman. He can not believe how lucky he is that we hired desperate dave.
    Some people just love finishing in last place.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Apparently if desperate dave wants to have a friend in Boston, he has to do it the old fashioned way. He has to pay tony to be his friend!!!!

What are these two old geezers going to do all day? Talk about baseball seasons of old and all the medications they are on?

ESPN recently reported overhearing a future conversation between desperate Dave and la Russa, (because everything ESPN reports is 100 percent truth.)

Tony, “hey Dave, I’ll trade you a Zoloft for one of those little blue pills.”

Desperate dave, “Tony, I do not even know what these little blue pills are for.”

Tony, “All I know is they make you feel lightheaded, like all the blood has rushed out of your head.”

Desperate dave, “well I just took two about an hour ago and I feel fine. Hey Tony, have you noticed how sexy Harold Reynolds looks now a days?”

End of ESPN story!

That laughing sound you hear now is Brian cashman. He can not believe how lucky he is that we hired desperate dave.

What the fuck is this shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What the fuck is this shit?
    pretty funny actually. DDD. desperate dave dombrowski.
    other names i have posted under: none

Yep, it's every bit as funny as basement benny.

Don't like it at all. Everywhere that man has gone, PED accusations have followed.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Don't like it at all. Everywhere that man has gone, PED accusations have followed.
    Same thing with FranCOMA. Sad!

I too remember the early 80's ChiSox steroid scandal and last year's D'Backs steroid scandal.

If it wasn't for Papi's WINK WINK eye drops, the Sox wouldn't have won in 04, 07 or 13!

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    also computer hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yep, it's every bit as funny as basement benny.
    except he actually won a parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    except he actually won a parade.
    While living in a basement tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    While living in a basement tho.
    honestly you prefer 1st round KO's? that's my assumption.

Deity

No assumptions necessary with me. I much prefer a competitive team year in and year out as opposed to 1 title followed up by 2 or 3 years of dog shit. It's hard to win a title - you got to make the playoffs first followed up by a pant load of luck. I also think that our illustrious forum board is making much too much over the contributions made by stuffed shirts not actually making plays for us.
    As for Price - If he should go because he is a dink, i probably could get on board with that but I would want Pedroia stapled to his shirt when he goes out the door.

Legend
    Since playoffs are so flukey - there is no proven way to ensure continued tournament success - better to get to the tournament and see what happens.

Seriously, the Cubs were the best team in baseball by a mile last year - and still had to be life and death to beat Cleveland.

The Dodgers were the best team in baseball by a mile this year - and lost a Game 7 at home.

The best team wins pretty darn rarely in this sport.

IIRC, the Astros are the first 100 win team to win the WS in a very long time