Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94

Thread: Astros Success

  1. #31
    Maybe the Red Sox's next GM will come from the Astros organization. I would love to see that, the sooner the better.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Sports Illustrated called it in this 2014 cover story:

    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/mlb-...ted-cover-2014
    Holy shit.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Hate will fuel your rage, drugs will get you high, money buys respect, love will get you by.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    And Springer was awful in the ALCS ... clutchiness changed
    !!!

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    The big lesson is that the postseason is awesome - but yes, a crapshoot. The Astros won the games - and winning titles is why you do this. But this shows the fragility - and luck you need to win the 11-12 games.
    Double !!!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    This
    The signing of veterans to attain 'transient mediocrity' worked out pretty well for the Sox in 2013. Not so much in '14 and '15.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    There's also a huge difference between an 84 loss season (which will rarely net you last place) and stringing 3 consecutive seasons of 106, 107 and 111 losses.
    There's also a huge difference in a team that was expected to win the division but didn't perform up to expectations and a team that was expected to finish in last.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The signing of veterans to attain 'transient mediocrity' worked out pretty well for the Sox in 2013. Not so much in '14 and '15.
    The 2013 Red Sox season was an outlier.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    The big lesson is that the postseason is awesome - but yes, a crapshoot. The Astros won the games - and winning titles is why you do this. But this shows the fragility - and luck you need to win the 11-12 games.
    I agree with you for sure and that what makes getting there any way that you can so very important. Relying on one specific way to get to the post season and to just be able to compete for a championship is not a recipe for success. It really is why I truly enjoy the hunt - the battle just to be able to play late. I love the fact that this is the approach that our team seems to take. Some times it works and some times it doesn't. Going in to full rebuild mode just guarantees you nothing.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    The 2013 Red Sox season was an outlier.
    Perhaps, but the fact that the Sox were able to win a World Series while 'rebuilding' is pretty impressive. Go Ben!

  10. #40
    Alex Cora will turn us into the new Astros




    Maybe.....

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Maybe the Red Sox's next GM will come from the Astros organization. I would love to see that, the sooner the better.
    Why are we focused on the "next GM" when the current one took a back to back last place team and made them a back to back first place team?
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #42

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Why are we focused on the "next GM" when the current one took a back to back last place team and made them a back to back first place team?
    And no one on this board, not even bosoxmal, can remember back to back first place finishes. It is so ridiculous that people are calling for the head of a GM who has had two first place finishes in his first two seasons, especially while singing the praises of a guy that put us through 3 brutal last place finishes in 4 years. It is beyond stupid, bordering on mental illness.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is true. Baseball is such a random sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst

  14. #44
    Correa will hit over 30+ HRS next year, probably close to 40. That's the biggest difference between the 2 teams. Even DH not that different. Only played 109 games this year. When he came back Astros took off again.
    Just turned 23.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 11-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.

  15. #45
    Astros GM was assistant for the Cards. Mozeliak.
    Who would you rather have Springer or JBJ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •