Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Roy Halladay dies in plane crash

Roy Halladay dies in plane crash

You just never know....you can't take a minute you are living for granted:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...sh-gulf-mexico

so sad - and what you said is so true

Rest in piece, Doc Halladay.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

He was piloting a pretty trick amphibious plane that was fitted with a parachute.

I wonder what went wrong? The plane was a new design and already two of them have crashed.

Gravity rules.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He was piloting a pretty trick amphibious plane that was fitted with a parachute.

I wonder what went wrong? The plane was a new design and already two of them have crashed.

Gravity rules.
    Yes, it's an awful tragedy, but it also has to be said: this was death by foolishly high-risk activity.

This is stunning.

RIP, Doc.

He threw 63 complete games from 2002-11.

That was 30 more than any other pitcher in the same span.

He was an amazing pitcher, generational talent, and I always wished he could come pitch for us. This is so sad, he deserved a comfortable and long retirement.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Sad!
    other names i have posted under: none