Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Martinez vs Hosmer vs Santana

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Then explain what you meant. I was asking an honest question and you are acting like a snarky Jackass.
    Pot meet kettle.

Then explain what you meant....

Here's a clue...

"...I just see no overall upside in Duda. I don't see him as a platoon player, nor do I see Hanley as a platoon player."

Then, this...

"The downside for Travis is that he is right-handed and not a platoon candidate with Hanley..."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes. He did. He also missed 3+ months in 2014 giving him less PAs than the injury prone Duda over the last 4 years.
    I never once used the term "injury prone"with regard to Duda. That is just another example of you spinning things and misrepresenting what someone else has said. I said that Duda has 2 chronic conditions (3 if you count each hip) -- a bad back and 2 bad hips. These are time bombs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Then explain what you meant....

Here's a clue...

"...I just see no overall upside in Duda. I don't see him as a platoon player, nor do I see Hanley as a platoon player."

Then, this...

"The downside for Travis is that he is right-handed and not a platoon candidate with Hanley..."
    Again you misunderstand and misrepresent and you use your mistaken interpretation as the basis for an insult. The only reason that I am considering Hanley as a platoon option is because people seem to want to limit his playing time so that his option doesn't vest. There is validity in that point of view, but I still see no evidence that he would be a good platoon player. If you were going to platoon him, it would be with a left-handed hitter, not a right handed hitter like, Travis, hence my statement. Can you follow that? It is difficult having a discussion with someone who so often mistakes and misinterprets your posts. You make a habit of that and not just with me.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Again you misunderstand and misrepresent and you use your mistaken interpretation as the basis for an insult. The only reason that I am considering Hanley as a platoon option is because people seem to want to limit his playing time so that his option doesn't vest. There is validity in that point of view, but I still see no evidence that he would be a good platoon player. If you were going to platoon him, it would be with a left-handed hitter, not a right handed hitter like, Travis, hence my statement. Can you follow that? It is difficult having a discussion with someone who so often mistakes and misinterprets your posts. You make a habit of that and not just with me.
    Nice self assessment.

At times like this I like to remember what Mark Twain wrote.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Never try to teach a pig to sing.
    You waste your time,
    and annoy the pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Or, did you mean this one?

"If you don't read 700's posts you are uninformed; if you do read 700's posts you are misinformed."

Or, did you mean this one?

"If you don't read 700's posts you are uninformed; if you do read 700's posts you are misinformed."
    Really getting personal.

Nice self assessment.
    You should try working on your reading comprehension and discussion skills. There are cognition issues.

You should try working on your reading comprehension and discussion skills. There are cognition issues.
    Again, very clear self assessment.

Forgive me for saying you claimed Duda was injury prone. I was wrong.

He just has "chronic health issues".

I stand corrected. I got it totally wrong.

"...As for Moreland, I would prefer him because he is a much better fielder and he doesn’t have any chronic health issues."

Again, very clear self assessment.

Forgive me for saying you claimed Duda was injury prone. I was wrong.

He just has "chronic health issues".

I stand corrected. I got it totally wrong.

"...As for Moreland, I would prefer him because he is a much better fielder and he doesn’t have any chronic health issues."
    Just as Masahiro Tanaka has a chronic elbow issue and David Ortiz had chronic heel issues, but neither are injury prone. Things really have to be spelled out for you.

Just as Masahiro Tanaka has a chronic elbow issue and David Ortiz had chronic heel issues, but neither are injury prone. Things really have to be spelled out for you.
    Yes, I know the distinction. I admitted I was wrong. Chronic is different from injury prone. Do I need to perform a human sacrifice or something?

You never give up.

Must have something to do with being under your skin.

Yes, I know the distinction. I admitted I was wrong. Chronic is different from injury prone. Do I need to perform a human sacrifice or something?

You never give up.

Must have something to do with being under your skin.
    Good self assessment.

Monkey see...