Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 552

Thread: Martinez vs Hosmer vs Santana

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Who cares: just hit .850 with 28-30 HRs for about $6M/ 1 year.
    I care. Many guys would hit more HRs if they would swings from their heels on every AB. I prefer a Nunez type who hits for average and still can give you HRs as well. Thats why we let Napoli go, too many strikeouts with occasional power.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Duda vs RHPs since 2014....

    ISO
    .260 (9th in MLB)
    (JD Martinez is 19th at .259/Bryce Harper is 8th at .261.)

    OPS (800+ PAs)
    .861 (27th out of 271 players)
    22nd out of all players with 1400+ PAs

    Duda has averages 32 HRs per 650 PAs vs RHPs since 2014.

    I'd like to see us get Duda to compliment HRam at 1B and cover for any injury to HRam or Martinez.
    I thought you teach ESL classes?

  3. #33
    If it's $6M/1 yr, the Duda can abide in Boston.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, dead set against Hosmer.
    The only thing Hosmer has going for him is that he's dating NESNs Kacie McDonnall.

    images.jpg
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

    It works the same way for stupid."

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    If it's $6M/1 yr, the Duda can abide in Boston.
    And when he signs I'll finally be able to say it...'Oh Duda Day!'

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And when he signs I'll finally be able to say it...'Oh Duda Day!'
    Looking to get John Sterlings job?
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "When you're dead, you don't know you're dead.
    It's only difficult for other people.

    It works the same way for stupid."

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And when he signs I'll finally be able to say it...'Oh Duda Day!'
    You might be able to say it, but we'd appreciate it if you didn't. ..

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Exactly. It's like adding $12-15M to Santana's contract (for 1-2 years anyways).

    We can sign Santana and not JB and just DH HRam FT.
    Allowing HanRam to DH is kinda pointless. Why have a DH who cannot hit? I don't expect much of an improvement from him this year, and he wasn't very good last year. He is a wart upon his team.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Allowing HanRam to DH is kinda pointless. Why have a DH who cannot hit? I don't expect much of an improvement from him this year, and he wasn't very good last year. He is a wart upon his team.
    The offseason is a time for optimism.

    Accordingly:

    1) Hanley's poor numbers last year were a result of his shoulder issues.
    2) Shoulder issues are now 100% fixed.
    3) Hanley will be much better next year.
    4) Check back with me in May to see if I still feel this way.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I care. Many guys would hit more HRs if they would swings from their heels on every AB. I prefer a Nunez type who hits for average and still can give you HRs as well. Thats why we let Napoli go, too many strikeouts with occasional power.
    The only time high Ks bother me, is if the guy's OBP is low. Duda still gets on base enough, when he doesn't HR.

    He was over .349 from 2013-2015, and his .322 OBP this year was not that bad.

    His .496 SLG% this year would have led the Sox by 37 points!

    At such a low cost, to me, it's worth it.

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I thought you teach ESL classes?
    The "s" and "d" are next to each other on the keyboard.

    Sorry.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    If it's $6M/1 yr, the Duda can abide in Boston.
    I'd go as high as $8M/1 or $14M/2.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Allowing HanRam to DH is kinda pointless. Why have a DH who cannot hit? I don't expect much of an improvement from him this year, and he wasn't very good last year. He is a wart upon his team.
    HRam has rollercoastered his whjole career, and most of his dips have been injury-related.

    Of course, he could easily get injured this year, but if he's healthy, I think he'll be much closer to 2016 than 2017.


  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The "s" and "d" are next to each other on the keyboard.

    Sorry.
    I was kidding you about the the use of the word compliment instead of complement. I guess this slow season just gives me too much time and brings out the kidder in me.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    HRam has rollercoastered his whjole career, and most of his dips have been injury-related.

    Of course, he could easily get injured this year, but if he's healthy, I think he'll be much closer to 2016 than 2017.

    I do as well although who knows with his personality. From what I hear, he is a really hard worker but it would be difficult to know that from his demeanor. I think the best bet is to avoid his return in 2019 and go with a safer prospect. Some great ones will come on the market then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •