Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: The Case for signing Shohei Otani

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
    And for some reason Japanese like West Coast better. The weather, maybe or is it just easier to fly home over the holidays?
    ...and easier assimilation into the culture due to a high Asian population and a culture that is very accepting of diversity.

    He also apparently wants to blaze his own trail and not have to follow in someone else's footsteps. LAA fits the bill.

  2. #122
    Found Otani's WAR. As soon he was signed Las Vegas moved the odds of 50-1 , to 30-1, for the Angels to win it all.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Could they afford to realistically add that much payroll? The Angels arent exactly the Oakland A's, but I have always viewed them as pretty conservative, especially after the Pujols signing.
    Otani is basically nothing payroll-wise after paying the posting fee. Moreno wants to win, so stranger things have happened.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Spoken like someone who didnít try to drive from Culver City to Dodgers Stadium. 405 and 10 are worse than 5.
    405 and 10 are awful ... the 5 is the only way to get to Anaheim, and genuinely terrible, unless Ohtani really chose the Angels for their large number of strip malls.

  5. #125
    Oh well I'm over him now. At least he didn't choose the Yankees.

    Who knows maybe he will help the Angels give the Astros a run for their money in the AL West.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
    Oh well I'm over him now. At least he didn't choose the Yankees.
    You can say that again. Can you imagine them landing Ohtani and Stanton in the span of 24 hours? I think I just threw up a little...
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    You can say that again. Can you imagine them landing Ohtani and Stanton in the span of 24 hours? I think I just threw up a little...
    and then a trade for Kershaw by 4pm this afternoon.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Though I try to find the answer to all the questions they ask
    Though I know it's impossible to go living through the past

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Spoken like someone who didnít try to drive from Culver City to Dodgers Stadium. 405 and 10 are worse than 5.
    Well, why would one live in Culver City to begin with? But if it came to that, and also came to wanting to go to Dodger Stadium, I'd take the train and the express shuttle from Union Station. Driving to Dodger Stadium and trying to get out of the absurdly designed parking lots pretty much destroys any pleasure one could get from watching the game.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    You can say that again. Can you imagine them landing Ohtani and Stanton in the span of 24 hours? I think I just threw up a little...
    Yeah, I guess you could say we got half-lucky.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Well, why would one live in Culver City to begin with? But if it came to that, and also came to wanting to go to Dodger Stadium, I'd take the train and the express shuttle from Union Station. Driving to Dodger Stadium and trying to get out of the absurdly designed parking lots pretty much destroys any pleasure one could get from watching the game.
    Lived in El Segundo, worked in CC.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    405 and 10 are awful ... the 5 is the only way to get to Anaheim, and genuinely terrible, unless Ohtani really chose the Angels for their large number of strip malls.
    Hmmmm, well it’s closer to the Ikea in Carson.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  12. #132
    @pedromoura

    To recap yesterday, Shohei Ohtani has a small tear in his elbow, as is common for major-league pitchers. The Angels knew about it, as did the other teams who pursued him. On that, and the Angels’ inclination to use a six-man rotation to keep him healthy
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

  13. #133
    'Free floating bodies' included

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @pedromoura

    To recap yesterday, Shohei Ohtani has a small tear in his elbow, as is common for major-league pitchers. The Angels knew about it, as did the other teams who pursued him. On that, and the Angels’ inclination to use a six-man rotation to keep him healthy
    LOL, when I am there to say "told you so" after he blows out his arm and cant hit MLB pitching, I wonder if I will be called racist? HAHAHAHA
    Theo Epstein Fan. John Lester Fan. RedSox fan, Cubs supporter.

    Fire John Farrell.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    LOL, when I am there to say "told you so" after he blows out his arm and cant hit MLB pitching, I wonder if I will be called racist? HAHAHAHA
    People are saying it isn't a big deal. We'll see.
    Fire Farrell - fucking check mark!
    Trade Pedroia
    Sign JD Martinez to play 1B/DH
    Sign Alex Cora for MGR - check plus!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •