Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Trade idea that needs to happen

  1. #1

    Trade idea that needs to happen

    The Sox need to deal some of their borderline 40 man players to Atlanta for international slot money.

    No on e else will deal slot money with Ohtani in play and a chance at the Atlanta farm refugees available. Except Atlanta, who cannot re-sign them.

    Then if/when Ohtani goes elsewhere, sign the Braves former prospects with their own money...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The Sox need to deal some of their borderline 40 man players to Atlanta for international slot money.

    No on e else will deal slot money with Ohtani in play and a chance at the Atlanta farm refugees available. Except Atlanta, who cannot re-sign them.

    Then if/when Ohtani goes elsewhere, sign the Braves former prospects with their own money...
    The Braves traded away all of their international bonus money:

    https://twitter.com/JonathanMayo/sta...21837004460032

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    The Braves traded away all of their international bonus money:

    https://twitter.com/JonathanMayo/sta...21837004460032
    Well, it was a good thread while it lasted.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  4. #4
    So either I type too slow or Billy Eppler reads my posts...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    The Braves traded away all of their international bonus money:

    https://twitter.com/JonathanMayo/sta...21837004460032
    The Cooler.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The Cooler.
    notin offered a great trade idea that happened.

    It just didn't happen with the Red Sox.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    notin offered a great trade idea that happened.

    It just didn't happen with the Red Sox.
    Harm , You know what they say about the early bird............

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Harm , You know what they say about the early bird............
    I suspect the Braves had a boatload of offers for their international bonus money.

  9. #9
    ,,and they got a pretty nice return for the last of their bonus money.

  10. #10
    Different trade idea.

    What about abreu?

    What players make sense for Chicago that would allow us to secure abreu?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Different trade idea.

    What about abreu?

    What players make sense for Chicago that would allow us to secure abreu?
    Too much for a $17M 1Bman under team control for 2 years.

    Just sign Santana for about the same money and keep the prospects.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Different trade idea.

    What about abreu?

    What players make sense for Chicago that would allow us to secure abreu?
    The players required to acquire Abreu are unfortunately in the Cardinals' farm system...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    What prospects?
    I'm assuming 2-3 of our top 8 prospetcs with at least one coming from Groome, Chavis or Mata.

    If the CWS are looking at a 3-4 year from now period, they may want farther away prospcts more than ML ready prospects:

    19 y/o Groome
    18 y/o Mata
    19 y/o Brannen
    19 y/o Scherff
    19 y/o R Raudes
    16 y/o D Diaz
    17 y/o Antoni Flores







  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The players required to acquire Abreu are unfortunately in the Cardinals' farm system...
    Give me the pros to the choice of trading Groome, Brannen & Diaz for 2 years of Abreu at $17M+ each year vs

    just signing Santana at maybe $17M x 3 or $15M x 4 and incurring the QO penalties.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •