Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza in Massachusetts.

Had Cape Cod tonight. Underwhelming. I’ve definitely had much better bar pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Had Cape Cod tonight. Underwhelming. I’ve definitely had much better bar pizza.
    From the Brockton location?

Surprised, I really like it.

There arent many places that actually do "bar" pizza.

Poopsies, Montes, TownSpa, Cape Cod, Lynwood....

Riverview in Ipswich MA makes something in-between a regular and bar style. I didn't mention them originally because I think they have gone downhill.

Depends on what you call a pizza. Are you counting the smaller "flatbreads" that you have seen some real crazy shit put on, or are we talking crust, sauce, cheese, toppings traditional style? I have yet to have a true "pizza" in MA that I can write home about. But I have had some good flatbreads. Then again, I hail from CT and I have had some good pies down there
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Depends on what you call a pizza. Are you counting the smaller "flatbreads" that you have seen some real crazy shit put on, or are we talking crust, sauce, cheese, toppings traditional style? I have yet to have a true "pizza" in MA that I can write home about. But I have had some good flatbreads. Then again, I hail from CT and I have had some good pies down there
    Dont they sell something called "shingles" in CT? Think crispy crust, thin layer of ricotta with sauce on the top?

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Dont they sell something called "shingles" in CT? Think crispy crust, thin layer of ricotta with sauce on the top?
    Not where I grew up. But I have had Frank Pepe and they make a good pie
    Hal sucks

Dont they sell something called "shingles" in CT? Thin crispy crust, thin layer of ricotta with sauce on the top?
    EDIT: typo

From the Brockton location?

Surprised, I really like it.

There arent many places that actually do "bar" pizza.

Poopsies, Montes, TownSpa, Cape Cod, Lynwood....

Riverview in Ipswich MA makes something in-between a regular and bar style. I didn't mention them originally because I think they have gone downhill.
    There are a ton of places in the Brockton area that do bar pizza. Maguires and Union Villa in Easton are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Domino's!

*runs away*
    You're good.

Dominos is the best pizza for under $10 if you order pick up. They always have online deals and specialty is currently 50% off.

What about Frank Pepe's?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

There was this two place on Newbury Street I forgot the names, but I go there often during High School, they also got really good subs. One of the place is really small and another is a giant kitchen you could see your food being made. I think I'll go soon as I am a few weeks from my eye exams and Warby Parker is there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    You're good.

Dominos is the best pizza for under $10 if you order pick up. They always have online deals and specialty is currently 50% off.
    Dominos is not good. It’s edible. The one in my hometown is the worst. We also have the worst Dunkies too.

Dominos is not good. It’s edible. The one in my hometown is the worst. We also have the worst Dunkies too.
    Several years ago, maybe 4-5, Dominos did have some very good pizza they sold as specialties. They were very much like fancy restaurant pizza. They were very good.

Otherwise their pizza in not very appetizing.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

That's what I thought about Dominos and it's true they suck ass at one time. They had a major relaunch about 10 years ago, and it's the only chain Pizza worth a damn. Sorry the one you have sucks. But here it's an easy fix for a few friends over for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    That's what I thought about Dominos and it's true they suck ass at one time. They had a major relaunch about 10 years ago, and it's the only chain Pizza worth a damn. Sorry the one you have sucks. But here it's an easy fix for a few friends over for cheap.
    I have Dominos at almost any kids bday party I take my son to. It's usually fine.

Chain Pizzas:

Papa Gino's - was raised on this and it always hits the spot. It's nothing fancy, but I prefer it to Dominos or Pizza Hut.

Roundtable - was always decent when I lived in CA.

Cici's and Uno's are effffffing gross.

All other chains are about the same to me.

99% of my lifetime pizza consumption is chain pizza, because I'm uncultured and a bad New Englander. Anyway:

Papa Gino's is the master race of chain pizza and the main reason I'm a fat fuck.

I don't mind Domino's. Wish I didn't have to request extra sauce just to get an acceptable amount.

I liked Pizza Hut up until 2009 or so. Right around then they changed everything and started using that nasty fake cheese and putting wayyyy too much of it on their "pizza". They also started skimping on sauce, and the dough felt hard and stale every time. I haven't eaten it since 2013 after I ordered one for delivery and ended up chucking it in the garbage after a slice and a half. One of the only times I've been motivated to write a negative yelp review.

Uno's and Bertucci's are both crap. Little Caesar's is toxic waste. Papa John's is bland but not terrible, only had it a couple of times.