Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Dodgers mega deal

Hybrid View

Dodgers mega deal

The talent is irrelevant. The only guy who’s sticking is Culbertson as the UTIL guy in Atlanta. The Dodgers are dealing a bunch of guys in their final season for two years of Kemp which re-sets their lux tax for 2018. This means that they’re in with the lowest penalty for the FAs in 2019. My guess is they re-sign Kershaw and get Harper. Big time news for sure
    Hal sucks

So, this means when they need help this summer, they won't be buyers?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The talent is irrelevant. The only guy who’s sticking is Culbertson as the UTIL guy in Atlanta. The Dodgers are dealing a bunch of guys in their final season for two years of Kemp which re-sets their lux tax for 2018. This means that they’re in with the lowest penalty for the FAs in 2019. My guess is they re-sign Kershaw and get Harper. Big time news for sure
    There's a rumor floating around, it says the Yankees trade Stanton to the Dodgers next year and with the salary relief they will get Harper, looks crazy but crazier things happened in the past

I don't anticipate that the Yankees would be interested in helping out a rival.
    Hal sucks