Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Depth Argument

If I say something like he reminds me of Valentin someone immediately points out the fallacy of my opinion.

How is that necessary? Why not just say, "how so Pete?"

Did I say that the two had similar stats? Did I say they were both close friends of Nomar?

I simply meant the two had a similar appearance.

cp176 obviously knew what I was TRYING to say.

I have no problem with MVP. He's a cool guy despite his obsession with Devers and Pedroia.

And I certainly have not problem with you, either, Bell.

"Now Fuck off. I got work to do."
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    If I say something like he reminds me of Valentin someone immediately points out the fallacy of my opinion.

Did I say that the two had similar stats? Did I say they were both close friends of Nomar?

I have no problem with MVP. He's a cool guy despite his obsession with Devers and Pedroia.

You old barrrrstad! You keep me here.

No, I HAVE WORK TO DO. Good day, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    No, I HAVE WORK TO DO. Good day, sir.
    You don't get my quote?

It was for Bells benefit. He knows what it means.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Sammy Davis Jr. used to remind me of my Uncle Sonny. When I would say that, no one barked at me that Uncle Sonny couldn't sing or dance, never mind the more obvious physical difference. Most people asked me how Sammy reminded me of Uncle Sonny. I get what you are saying. Once in a while we should be able to just express an opinion without it being challenged as wrong.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star
    You don't get my quote?

It was for Bells benefit. He knows what it means.
    He's just continuing the last word joke.

I hope Dave knows the lack of signings are causing much crankiness down here at TS!
    Last edited by Hitch; 01-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    He's just continuing the last word joke.

I hope Dave knows the lack of signings are causing much crankiness down here at TS!
    It's pretty disrespectful of DD to do this since we are basically the FO's think tank.

DD could at least sign Buchholz to a minor league contract or something, for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    DD could at least sign Buchholz to a minor league contract or something, for Christ's sake.
    Lol.

That will help sell the new stadium in Pawtucket!!!!

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It's pretty disrespectful of DD to do this since we are basically the FO's think tank.
    A think tank which has brought the ungrateful sod two 93 win seasons no-less!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    A think tank which has brought the ungrateful sod two 93 win seasons no-less!
    Since TalkSox was born: 3 WS championships. They hadn't had any in over 80 years until we came along.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Farrell ruined his career.
    How many pitchers have hurt themselves running the bases? With pitching so important why would you do it?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    How many pitchers have hurt themselves running the bases? With pitching so important why would you do it?
    Pitchers run the bases every day
    The real question was - why Wright? Hr had Drew Pomeranz who had filled that very role earlier that year in San Diego. .

I've said it 100 times, but I'll say it again. Blaming Farrell for Wright's injury is just silly.

That would be like blaming Dombrowski for Swihart's injury.