Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I believe that ship has sailed a long time ago. He probably still has a higher percentage of making it as a starting pitcher as he does a position player at this point in his development.

If his stuff ticks up in short bursts and he can recreate himself as a reliever that is the best place for him right now.
    I believe ball has major league stuff! The problem is command and control. He neither commands or controls the strike zone.

As long as he is giving up a walk or more per two innings pitched, he is going to be a work in progress.

If he learns command and control, he will be a monster for us because his stuff is so good.

It is hard to get excited about the Red Sox ML system this year--it has to be one of the weakest in MLB. Now that Chavis was juicing, there are no hitters at the higher levels to get excited about. Maybe Ockimey and Dalbec will make strides this year, but they are pretty far from being blue chippers. Brannen just hasn't hit thus far. The pitching is the area of strength with Groome, Mata, Houck, Scherff, and Raudes. We have to hope a couple of the pitchers develop into big time prospects this year.

I almost forgot about CJ Chatham. It would be nice to see him stay healthy this year.

The good news: the Red Sox have so much starting pitching depth, they probably won't need to trade for a SP this year. If they need a hitter, they can probably find a salary dump guy.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 04-11-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    It is hard to get excited about the Red Sox ML system this year--it has to be one of the weakest in MLB. Now that Chavis was juicing, there are no hitters at the higher levels to get excited about. Maybe Ockimey and Dalbec will make strides this year, but they are pretty far from being blue chippers. Brannen just hasn't hit thus far. The pitching is the area of strength with Groome, Mata, Houck, Scherff, and Raudes. We have to hope a couple of the pitchers develop into big time prospects this year.

I almost forgot about CJ Chatham. It would be nice to see him stay healthy this year.

The good news: the Red Sox have so much starting pitching depth, they probably won't need to trade for a SP this year. If they need a hitter, they can probably find a salary dump guy.
    What about Darwinzon Hernandez?

Danny Diaz (from McFarland, USA) might surprise, but he's far away from the bigs at age 17.

Crawford pitched a decent game tonight 5 innings, 1 run, 5 k’s.

I should have mentioned Hernandez--he is interesting and could take a step forward this year.

I like Diaz, but, yeah, he's 17.

Barfiekd with a tater for Pawtucket tonight!

Campana with a tater for Greenville tonight!

Ball in relief: 4 Innings, 4 K, 2 BB, WHIP 0.50, ERA 0.00

Quiroz: .333/3/7, 1.271 OPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Ball had another impressive performance tonight and zero walks.

Dredger had a nice outing as well.

Brett Netzer, who is getting off to a good start in Salem, is worth watching too. Obviously, when he is promoted, his performance in Double A will go a long way toward defining his upside and potential.

Shawaryn with a nice start today. 6 strong!

The Red Sox selected lefty Trey Ball seventh overall in 2013 with the hope that he’d make an impact in the majors as a starter. Five years later, they’ve moved him to the bullpen, per Christopher Smith of MassLive.com. The 23-year-old has taken to his new relief role thus far, having pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings at the Double-A level this season. Smith’s piece, which is worth checking out in full, contains several quotes from Red Sox vice president of pitching development and assistant pitching coach Brian Bannister regarding Ball’s transition.

Beeks has struck out 16 in 8 IP in 2 starts so far.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Red Sox selected lefty Trey Ball seventh overall in 2013 with the hope that he’d make an impact in the majors as a starter. Five years later, they’ve moved him to the bullpen, per Christopher Smith of MassLive.com. The 23-year-old has taken to his new relief role thus far, having pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings at the Double-A level this season. Smith’s piece, which is worth checking out in full, contains several quotes from Red Sox vice president of pitching development and assistant pitching coach Brian Bannister regarding Ball’s transition.
    LINK:
    http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index...t_trey_ba.html

Oh baby, Trey Ball could be the next Andrew Miller! That would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Beeks has struck out 16 in 8 IP in 2 starts so far.
    This guy is such an underestimated prospect. MLB had him ranked as the Red Sox's 15th best prospect going into the season. He could turn into a valuable trade chip. Then again, I'm not sure if I want the Red Sox to move him. Beeks is a little older than Chase Adams but is he really much worse than Chase Adams, a guy who made the top 100 list?

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    This guy is such an underestimated prospect. MLB had him ranked as the Red Sox's 15th best prospect going into the season. He could turn into a valuable trade chip. Then again, I'm not sure if I want the Red Sox to move him. Beeks is a little older than Chase Adams but is he really much worse than Chase Adams, a guy who made the top 100 list?
    Sox prospects had him ranked 13th.