Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2018 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    This guy is such an underestimated prospect. MLB had him ranked as the Red Sox's 15th best prospect going into the season. He could turn into a valuable trade chip. Then again, I'm not sure if I want the Red Sox to move him. Beeks is a little older than Chase Adams but is he really much worse than Chase Adams, a guy who made the top 100 list?
    Beeks is not the prospect Adams is as they are completely different pitchers. Beeks is a small statured lefty with velocity that doesn't hold in his starts. In short stints, he can top out at 95, but as a starter, he sits right around 90mph and his velo will drop into the 87-88 range later in games. Both Adams and Beeks have a deep arsenal, yet Adams actually has the hammer breaking balls and the command to control all of his pitches. Adams will top out at 100mph and can sit in the 95-96mph range deep into games. Even the most pink hatted prospect website run by jsinger has Beeks a reliever in the majors.
    The rebuild is complete.

Mata with a rough day today. 6 walks, 4 hits and 2 runs.

Cole sturgeon with his third tater on the season. Now hitting over 400.

Dalbec with another tater tonight. He may be hitting well under 200, but he does have 4 taters thus far this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Dalbec with another tater tonight. He may be hitting well under 200, but he does have 4 taters thus far this season!
    Quiroz has 4 taters and is hitting .400!

Travis is now batting .350.

At some point this year, I would expect the Red Sox to move Beeks to the bullpen with the idea of promoting him to the major leagues as a one inning shutdown lefty reliever. He could be very good in that role, better than any bullpen upgrade through the trade market.

Even if the Red Sox move Beeks to the bullpen this year, I would continue to develop him next year as a SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    At some point this year, I would expect the Red Sox to move Beeks to the bullpen with the idea of promoting him to the major leagues as a one inning shutdown lefty reliever. He could be very good in that role, better than any bullpen upgrade through the trade market.

Even if the Red Sox move Beeks to the bullpen this year, I would continue to develop him next year as a SP.
    I'm not sure we'd want to jerk him around in the midst of his development.

We have Pom due to become a FA, Wright's career in a sort of limbo and Johnson/Velzquez not really proven, yet. Price's health is another reason to keep possible starters stretched out.