Register now to remove this ad

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Sox re-sign Mitch Moreland

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Moreland was 26th in barrels per PA. He was surprisingly just above Sanchez who was 30th. Judge was 1, Stanton 3.
    barrels per plate appearance - lol
    Give me more - I've learned all kinds of things over the course of the last 24 hours. One of which is even that advanced metrics can be somewhat subjective depending on who's model you choose to use. Something that most of us already knew for sure. When used the right the way they obviously are a necessary tool, when not - not so much. But now barrels per PA?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    barrels per plate appearance - lol
    Give me more - I've learned all kinds of things over the course of the last 24 hours. One of which is even that advanced metrics can be somewhat subjective depending on who's model you choose to use. Something that most of us already knew for sure. When used the right the way they obviously are a necessary tool, when not - not so much. But now barrels per PA?
    It turns out Moreland, Judge and Stanton have a side hustle as Prohibition Era bootleggers...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It turns out Moreland, Judge and Stanton have a side hustle as Prohibition Era bootleggers...
    Now we are talking.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Moreland was 26th in barrels per PA. He was surprisingly just above Sanchez who was 30th. Judge was 1, Stanton 3.
    I'm not talking about just hitting barrels though. I'm talking about barrels that are NOT home runs. For some reason, that stats correlates 2 times better to next season's wOBA than barrels that are home runs.