Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Greetings From Ohio

Greetings From Ohio

I am 74 years old and a lifelong Red Sox fan. My Granddad took me to my first game at Fenway when I was 10 years old. I was born in East Boston, moved to Winthrop when I was 7, and graduated from Northeastern. Spent two years in the Army (1967-1969) and moved west for my job (last stop was Akron, Ohio where I worked for General Tire). It was difficult being a Red Sox fan in Ohio, especially during the years when the Indians were a bad team. My boss at GT was a Yankee fan, so we had a lot of friendly disagreements. I look forward to discussing the Sox with people who share my lifelong love for the team.

Welcome to the Rogue State.

I look forward to reading your posts.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Welcome aboard! I have family in Akron, and I love being in Ohio. Very underrated part of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Welcome aboard.

Welcome. Thanks for year service. Hopefully you didn't spend either of those years in the jungle.
    If the Sox win tonight you will be my defacto favorite poster....
    other names i have posted under: none

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    O hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Oh!

Welcome aboard!